b. 5 April 1873
- Father: Anton Dexheimer b. 2 June 1817, d. 10 August 1897
- Mother: Elisabetha Durking b. 18 May 1832, d. 27 April 1902
- Edwin Dexheimer was born on 5 April 1873 in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin.
- Anton Dexheimer and Elisabetha Durking appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Rhine, Sheboygan County, Wisconsin. Other members of the household included Edwin Dexheimer, John Dexheimer, Elisabeth Dexheimer and Anton Dexheimer.
- He married Laura Gerlach, daughter of John Gerlach and Mary (?), on 8 June 1895 in Wisconsin.
- Edwin Dexheimer and Laura Gerlach appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Rhine, Wisconsin. Other members of the household included Anita Dexheimer and Elisabetha Durking.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1900 census.
- The following appeared on 20 November 1930 in The Sheboygan Press: (Kiel) Funeral services for Mrs. George Rothmann, 65, who committed suicide at her home here Wednesday, will be held Saturday at 2 p.m. at the home, 815 N. Seventh street, with interment in Kiel cemetery. Rev. Edward L. Worthmann, pastor of St. Peter Reformed church, will officiate.
Mrs. Rothmann before her marriage was Miss Elizabeth Dexheimer, a daughter of the late Anton and Elizabeth Dexheimer. She was born on a farm in the town of Rhine on July 14, 1865. She was married September 27, 1891, to George Rothmann of Garnet, Wis. The couple made their home here. After operating a blacksmith shop here for a number of years, Mr. Rothmann retired in 1912. He died two weeks ago, and despondency over his loss is believed to have prompted Mrs. Rothmanns act. Relatives said she had been morose.
Survivors are a sister, Mrs. Peter Schueler of Marshfield, and three brothers, Anton Dexheimer of Sherwood, William Dexheimer of Sheboygan, and Edward Dexheimer of Marshfield. She was a member of the Kiel camp of the Royal Neighbors. The organization members will attend the services in a body.
- Last Edited: 26 Mar 2010