b. circa 1830, d. 1902
- Patrick Egan was born circa 1830 in Ireland.
- He married Mary Finn say 1855.
- Possibly the family in 1860, in Yorkville: Patrick Eagan (age 30, laborer, born in Ireland), Mary Eagan (age 27, born in Ireland), and Mary Eagan (age 4, born in New York. Possibly this Mary is the Eliza Burns with whom Joseph Egan is enumerated in the 1900 census, but in that case, her absence from the household in 1870 requires an explanation. Note that in 1870 there is a Mary Eagan. age 15, living in the Roman Catholic Protectory for Girls in Westchester. This likely is a house of cards.
- Patrick Egan and Mary Finn, appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Yonkers, Westchester County, New York. Other members of the household included Annie Egan, Joseph Egan, Mary A. Egan and Ellen Egan.
- He was a laborer, according to the 1870 census.
- Patrick Egan became a widower at the say 1871-1878 death of his wife Mary Finn.
- He married Johanna (?) say 1875.
- Patrick Egan appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Yonkers, Westchester County, New York, at High Street with Annie apparently enumerated also at the Nursery and Child's Hospital in Manhattan.. Other members of the household included Annie Egan, Joseph Egan, Mary A. Egan, Ellen Egan, Kate Egan and James Egan.
- He was a laborer, according to the 1880 census.
- Patrick Egan died in 1902.
- He was interred at St. Mary's Cemetery, Sprain Road, Yonkers, Westchester County, New York.
- Last Edited: 19 Nov 2010