Frank Milton Hoffman
b. 9 August 1897, d. 23 August 1978
- Father: Milton F. Hoffman b. April 1869, d. 28 May 1952
- Mother: Laura May Lemon b. September 1873, d. 8 September 1953
- Frank Milton Hoffman was born on 9 August 1897 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York.
- Milton F. Hoffman and Laura May Lemon appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at North Main Street. Other members of the household included Frank Milton Hoffman. Also in the household were one female servant and three hired men (two farm laborers and a teamster.)
- Milton F. Hoffman and Laura May Lemon appeared in the New York state census of 1 June 1905 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at Whitney Street. Other members of the household included Frank Milton Hoffman, Lawrence S. Hoffman, Karl W. Hoffman and Lloyd E. Hoffman.
- He served in the military during World War I, enlisting in the US Marine Corps at Niagara Falls on 14 June 1917.
- He married Cornelia E. McFadden on 22 July 1922 in Niagara County, New York.
- The following appeared on 25 July 1922 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: (Marriage Licenses) Frank M. Hoffman of 3908 McKoon avenue to Cornelia E. McFadden of 1355 South avenue.
- Frank Milton Hoffman and Cornelia E. McFadden appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Lewiston Township, Niagara County, New York, at Saunders Settlement Road. In 1935 the family was living in rural Niagara County.
- He was employed as a carpenter by a construction company, according to the 1940 census.
- The following appeared on 9 September 1953 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: [Died] At Crothers Nursing Home, Lockport, N. Y., Sept 8, 1953, Laura M. Hoffman. Wife of the late Milton F. Hoffman. Mother of Mrs. Laura H. Ressel of New Orleans, Louisiana, Frank M., Karl W., Lloyd E. and Mrs. Lillian G. Strong all of this city. Also survived by 5 grandchildren and 7 great grandchildren. Funeral from the Gridley Funeral Home, 750 Main St., Thursday at 10:30 a.m., the Rev. Willard C. Billica officiating. Interment at Riverdale cemetery.
- The following appeared on 22 June 1954 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Cora Hageman of Niagara Falls . . . according to a state tax appraisal on file today at Surrogate' Court, Lockport. . . .
Other appraisals filed included:
. . . Laura May Hoffman, Town of Lewiston, died Sept. 8, 1953; gross, $20,900; net, $19,305; no state tax; beneficiaries, a grandson, Howard R. Hoffman, and five children, Frank H., Karl E. and Lloyd E. Hoffman, Laura M. Hessel and Lillian G. Strong.
- Frank Milton Hoffman died on 23 August 1978 at age 81 in New York.
- Cornelia E. McFadden became a widow at his death.
- Last Edited: 30 Jan 2015