b. 16 June 1799, d. 1886
- Father: James Cleghorn b. circa 1775, d. 28 October 1862
- Mother: Elizabeth Adams b. circa 1783, d. between 1850 and 1860
- John Cleghorn was born on 16 June 1799 in Scotland.
- He married Mary Affegh circa 1820.
- John Cleghorn and Mary Affegh arrived in the Port of New York on 1 August 1828, accompanied by Robert Hill Cleghorn, James N. Cleghorn, I. Wilson Cleghorn, David S. Cleghorn, James Cleghorn and Elizabeth Adams from Liverpool aboard the ship America. Other Cleghorns on the ship included Thomas (22); William (16), Adam (13), Mary (11) and Christian (9). All were identifified as "belonging in" Ireland (?).
- John Cleghorn and Mary Affegh arrived circa 1837, accompanied by Robert Hill Cleghorn.
- John Cleghorn and Mary Affegh appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Lewiston, Niagara County, New York, living next to their sons James and Robert.
- John Cleghorn died in 1886 in Niagara County, New York.
- Last Edited: 5 Nov 2009