Daniel Gordon Behe
b. 20 August 1879, d. May 1972
- Father: Andrew J. Behe b. December 1841
- Mother: Clara A. (?) b. circa 1845
- Daniel Gordon Behe was born on 20 August 1879 in New York.
- He married Florence Violet Hollenbeck, daughter of James S. Hollenbeck and Catharine Stahle, circa 1905.
- The following appeared on 9 October 1908 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: A very pleasant gathering was that at the home of Mrs. Margaret Weber of Willow avenue, on Wednesday, when occurred the reunion of the family of Mrs. Ursula Stahle. The only drawback of the full enjoyment of the occasion was the absence of two of Mrs. Stahle's sons, the eldest, Mr. Conrad Stahle of Cleveland avenue, being seriously ill. The house was beautifully decorated with ferns and flowers, the color scheme throughout the entire house being red and green. The time passed most pleasantly in meeting and greeting relatives and friends, old and new, many of whom met for the first time. A most bountiful dinner was served, after which Mrs. Daniel Behe sang several beautiful solos, and Miss Ursula Stahle rendered some instrumental music. Among the out-of-town guests were: Mr. and Mrs. James Hollenbeck and daughter Hazel, of Lockport; Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Behe, of Gasport; Mrs. Herman Gaertner and Miss Edna Williams, of Petersburg, Mich; Mrs. John Cleghorn and son Robert, of Cuba; Mr. and Mrs. Robert Fitzgerald and Mr. and Mrs. Fred Weber and daughter, of Buffalo.
Many of those attending the reunion appear in the accompanying photograph.
- Daniel Gordon Behe and Florence Violet Hollenbeck appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Royalton, Niagara County, New York, at Griswold Street and one young male servant, Glenn Droman, who likely was the son of Florence's brother's wife's sister.
- He was farming, according to the 1910 census.
- Daniel Gordon Behe registered for the draft on 12 September 1918 in Niagara County, New York, while living with his wife Florence at Gasport 40, Royalton, and employed there as a farmer.
- Daniel Gordon Behe and Florence Violet Hollenbeck appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Royalton, Niagara County, New York. Other members of the household included Andrew J. Behe.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1920 census.
- Daniel Gordon Behe and Florence Violet Hollenbeck appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Royalton, New York.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1930 census.
- The SSDI lists Gasport, Niagara County, New York, as the last residence of record of Daniel Gordon Behe.
- Florence Violet Hollenbeck became a widow at his death.
- Daniel Gordon Behe died in May 1972 at age 92.
- Last Edited: 31 Oct 2009