Moses E. Cooley
b. 21 April 1853, d. 22 March 1918
- Moses E. Cooley was born on 21 April 1853 in New York.
- He married Emma Lord, daughter of Albert Lord and Elizabeth Ann Richey, on 30 September 1877 in Clinton County, Pennsylvania.
- Moses E. Cooley and Emma Lord appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Huston Township, Clearfield County, Pennsylvania.
- He was working in a sawmill, according to the 1880 census.
- Moses E. Cooley became a widower at the circa 1886 death of his wife Emma Lord.
- Moses E. Cooley appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Brookville, Jefferson County, Pennsylvania, at Malion Street. Other members of the household included Frederick Lord Cooley and Albert Edward Cooley.
- He was a drygoods merchant, according to the 1900 census.
- Moses E. Cooley appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 446 Twelfth Street. Other members of the household included Albert Edward Cooley. Also in the household is housekeeper Sallie Thompson.
- Moses E. Cooley died on 22 March 1918 at age 64.
- He was interred at Oakwood Cemetery, Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York.
- It is an educated guess that Ezra Cooley, age 13, apparently son of Canadian-born Peter and Jane, found in the 1870 census in Redford, Clinton County, New York, is Emma Lord's future husband Moses E. Cooley.
- Last Edited: 7 May 2015