Edith A. Maxon
b. 3 April 1871, d. 10 July 1909
- Edith A. Maxon was born on 3 April 1871.
- She married George A. Sierk, son of Henry Sierk and Elsabe Oldswager, in 1890.
- Edith A. Maxon died on 10 July 1909 at age 38 in Bennington, Wyoming County, New York, at the home of her parents.
- George A. Sierk became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Varysburg Cemetery, Wyoming County, New York.
- The following appeared on 18 July 1909 in The Attica News: On Saturday evening, July 10th occured the death of Mrs. George A. Sierk of Kansas City, Kas.
Mrs. Sierk had been in failing health for sometime and returned to the home of her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Wellington Maxon of Attica some few weeks ago with the hopes that a rest there might prove beneficial.
A sudden change in health on Thursday however brought relief to all earthly sufferings and she passed away to be with loved ones already on the other side.
Mrs. Sierk, formerly Miss Edith A. Maxon was born April 3, 1871, and was married to Mr. George A. Sierk in 1890 and removed to Kansas Cith some eight years ago. She was of a loveable disposition and leaves many friends to mourn.
Besides a husband she is survived by one son, Maxon, four years old, father and mother and two brothers, Ray and Glenn of Attica, two sisters, Mrs. W. R. Crawford of Warsaw, and Mrs. J. C. McClelland of Rochester. Funeral was held on Tuesday at one o'clock p. m. at her parental home.
- Last Edited: 5 Aug 2014