Thelma Louise Bridges
b. 15 January 1911, d. 2 May 2004
- Father: James Miller Bridges b. 11 October 1887, d. 13 February 1954
- Mother: Lillie Florence Perry b. 19 November 1891, d. 1980
- Thelma Louise Bridges was born on 15 January 1911 in Munday, Knox County, Texas.
- James Miller Bridges and Lillie Florence Perry appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Wichita Falls, Wichita County, Texas, at 1511 Seventh Street. Other members of the household included Thelma Louise Bridges. Also in the household were son J. M. (age 5) and daughter Loudell (age 3), not yet recorded.
- James Miller Bridges and Lillie Florence Perry appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Wichita Falls, Wichita County, Texas, at 2119 Alma Street. Other members of the household included Thelma Louise Bridges. Also in the household were sons James M. (age 16) and Roy L. (age 8) and daughter Loudell (age 12), not yet recorded.
- A photograph was snapped of John and Thelma Weiler, likely during their wedding trip to Washington, DC, and Annapolis.
- She married John Eugene Weiler, son of Herold James Weiler and Ruby Dawson Houston, on 31 March 1934 in Wichita Falls, Wichita County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 26 June 1943 in the Corsicana Daily Sun: Major and Mrs. John E. Weiler, and children, John, Jr. and Louis[e], were spend-the-night guests in the home of their aunt, Mrs. W. D. Fountain, on Thursday en route from Austin where they visited in the home of Major Weiler's parents, Col. and Mrs. Harold Weiler, of Ft. Knox, Ky. where Major Weiler has been stationed as executive officer of the 87th Armored Field Artillery Battalion since April.
Prior to his Kentucky assignment, Major Weiler had spent 15 months with the armed forces in Panama.
Lieut Harold J. Weiler of the U.S.N. Air Service, and until recently a fighter pilot on an aircraft carried in the African theater of war, is now on duty in Ordnance Procurement headquarters in Washington, D.C. Mrs. Weiler has joined her husband in the capital city.
Major John E. Weiler and Lieut. Harold J. Weiler, Jr. are native Corsicanans, and are both the sons of Col. and Mrs. Harold J. Weiler of Austin.
- The Weiler kids were photographed on the steps of their cabin on vacation in Green Pines Village.
- The Weiler residence on West 32nd Street in Austin.
- Thelma Louise Bridges became a widow at the 4 August 1993 death of her husband John Eugene Weiler.
- Thelma Louise Bridges died on 2 May 2004 at age 93.
- A memorial marker for Thelma Louise Bridges was placed at Oakwood Cemetery, Corsicana, Navarro County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 16 Jan 2014
Family: John Eugene Weiler b. 27 October 1909, d. 4 August 1993
- John Eugene Weiler Jr.+ b. 9 January 1935, d. 22 June 2008