b. 1 January 1896, d. 17 December 1976
- Frances Osgood was born on 1 January 1896 in Little Marsh, Tioga County, Pennsylvania.
- She married Harold John Cleghorn, son of John C. Cleghorn and Barbara Stahle, in 1921.
- Jay Earl Armstrong was adopted by his uncle and aunt Harold and Frances Osgood Cleghorn.
- Frances Osgood became a widow at the 12 January 1974 death of her husband Harold John Cleghorn.
- The following appeared on 16 January 1974 in The Patriot & Free Press: Harold J. Cleghorn. Harold J. Cleghorn, 80, of Twin Lakes Trailer Court, Delevan [Cattaraugus County], died Jan. 12, 1974 at Chaffee Memorial Hospital, Springville, after a long illness.
Born June 17, 1893 in Lewiston he was a son of John and Barbara Stahle Cleghorn. He had spent most of his life in the Black Creek area as a farmer. He was a member of Sandusky Baptist Church.
Surviving are his widow, the former Frances Osgood; a son, Jay Armstrong of Cuba; two sisters, Mrs. Hugh Barber of Black Creek and Mrs. Ruth Fainer of Los Angeles, Cal; a brother, Robert Cleghorn of Clarksburg, W. Va; and several nieces and nephews.
Funeral and committal services are being conducted today (Wed.) in the Nicholson Funeral Home Inc. (formerly Loveridge Funeral Home) by Pastor Kerry Kelley of the Independent Church of Black Creek, with burial in Cuba Cemetery.
- The SSDI lists Delevan, Cattaraugus County, New York, as the last residence of record of Frances Osgood.
- Frances Osgood died on 17 December 1976 at age 80 in Springville, Erie County, New York, at Bertrand Chaffee Hospital.
- She was interred at Cuba Cemetery, Cuba, Allegany County, New York.
- The following appeared on 22 December 1976 in The Patriot & Free Press: Mrs. Frances S. Cleghorn of Delevan died Friday, Dec. 17, 1976 at the Bertrand Chaffee Hospital, Springville, following a short illness.
Born at Little Marsh, Pa., Jan. 1, 1896, she was a daughter of Levi and Emma Miles Osgood. In 1921, she married Harold J. Cleghorn, who died in 1974.
Mrs. Cleghorn was a member of the Sandusky Baptist Church; and the Pioneer Senior Citizens club.
Surviving are a sister, Mrs. Ezilpha Carpenter of Westfield, Pa; two brothers, Frank Osgood and Charles Osgood; and several nieces and nephews. Among them is Curtis Cleghorn of Cuba.
Funeral and committal services were held Monday, Dec. 20, 1976, at 2 p.m. with the Rev. Alan Merrill of the Rock Glen Baptist Church officiating at the Nicholson Funeral Home, Cuba. Burial was in Cuba Cemetery.
- Last Edited: 12 Feb 2014