Benjamin Franklin Houston
b. 11 September 1852, d. 26 May 1932
- Benjamin Franklin Houston was born on 11 September 1852 in Lewisburg, Marshall County, Tennessee.
- He married Mary Ann Elliott.
- He relocated to Corsicana, Navarro County, Texas, in circa 1885.
- Benjamin Franklin Houston became a widower at the 25 January 1898 death of his wife Mary Ann Elliott.
- Benjamin Franklin Houston appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Corsicana, Navarro County, Texas, at 651 West 6th Avenue. Other members of the household included Ruby Dawson Houston. Remainder of household has yet to be recorded.
- Benjamin Franklin Houston died on 26 May 1932 at age 79 in Corsicana, Texas, at his residence.
- He was interred at Oakwood Cemetery, Corsicana, Navarro County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 27 May 1932 in The Dallas Morning News: (Corsicana, May 26) Dr. Benjamin Franklin Houston, 79, native of Tennessee and pioneer resident of Corsicana, died at his home here Thursday morning. Funeral will be held from the family home Friday afternoon with interment of Oakwood Cemetery. The services will be conducted by the Rev. J. L. Hines, Church of Christ minister, assisted by the Rev. Mr. Cuthbertson, Church of Christ minister of Dallas.
Dr. Houston was born in Lewisburg, Tenn. He came to Corsicana 47 years ago and had practiced medicine for forty-two years.
He had been a member of the Church of Christ for more than sixty years and had been one of the leading members of the local church for many years.
Children surviving are Dr. Trim Houston, Corsicana; David Houston, Wichita Falls; Mrs. W. D. Fountain, Corsicana; Mrs. Frank Micheaux, Wichita Falls, and Mrs. Harrold Weiler, Washington; B. F. Houston Jr., Los Angeles, Cal; Jack Houston, Corsicana; Miss Helen Houston, Corsicana, and Mrs. W. L. Harmon, Goodman, Miss.
Active pallbearers will be Roy Layton, Roy Harrison, Henry Jackson, Lonnie Murphy, Mack Warren and B. T. Farr.
- Last Edited: 12 Nov 2012