b. 24 August 1900
- Father: George T. Rennard b. February 1868, d. 27 November 1938
- Mother: Elizabeth Ann Tann b. 30 December 1874, d. 26 November 1961
- About 1903, a photographic portrait was made of George Rennard and his family.
- Elsie Rennard was born on 24 August 1900 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York.
- George T. Rennard and Elizabeth Ann Tann appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 356 Eighth Street. Other members of the household included Elsie Rennard, Charles Henry Rushton, Grace Ellen Rennard and Keith Rennard Rushton.
- She was a typist, chemical company, according to the census in April 1930.
- She married Kenneth Robert Houlihan.
- The following appeared on 28 November 1938 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: George Rennard, 71 years old, janitor in Niagara schools for the last 30 years, died last evening at the home of his daughter, Mrs. Charles H. Rushton, 358 Eighth street. He had been ill for two years.
Mr. Rennard was born in England. He was an elder of the Blessed Hope Church of God. He had been stationed at the Maple avenue school for the last year and previously had been employed at the Thirteenth street school and the old Sugar street school.
He is survived by his wife, Mrs. Elizabeth Rennard; two daughters, Mrs. Rushton and Mrs. Kenneth Houlihan, both of this city; a sister, Mrs. Belle Woodthorp, and a brother, William Rennard, both in England.
Funeral services will be held at the Gridley funeral home at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, with the Rev. Clyde E. Randall, of Fonthill, Ont., officiating. Burial will be in Oakwood Cemetery.
- The following appeared on 27 November 1961 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Mrs. Elizabeth A. Rennard, 86, of 8946 Rivershore Drive, a resident of this city for 70 years, died Sunday (Nov. 26, 1961) in Mt. St. Mary's Hospital after a lengthy illness.
Mrs. Rennard was born in Hull, England, and came to Niagara Falls shortly after arriving in the United States.
She is survived by two daughters, Mrs. Charles H. Rushton and Mrs. Kenneth R. Houlihan, both of this city, and two grandchildren and one great-grandson.
Services will be held Wednesday at 1 p.m. at the Lane Funeral Home, with Rev. Fred House, pastor of First Methodist Church, officiating. Burial will be in Oakwood Cemetery.
Friends may call between 2 and 5 p.m. and 7 and 9 p.m. today and Tuesday.
- Elsie Rennard became a widow at the March 1986 death of her husband Kenneth Robert Houlihan.
- She was interred at Riverdale Cemetery, Lewiston, Niagara County, New York.
- A single grave marker identifies the graves of Kenneth Robert Houlihan and Elsie Rennard.
- Last Edited: 18 May 2012