b. 10 May 1916, d. 15 February 2006
- Father: Percy Parks b. 7 May 1893, d. 28 January 1951
- Mother: Elizabeth Denson b. 4 June 1894, d. 18 May 1944
- Forest Parks was born on 10 May 1916 in Cuero, DeWitt County, Texas.
- Percy Parks and Elizabeth Denson appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in DeWitt County, Texas, enumerated next to the household of Alfred Mathis. Other members of the household included Forest Parks, Floyd Parks, Percy Parks Jr. and Charlie Parks. Apparently son Charlie is identified as infant Silvester, and daughter Forest as "Tarace" (age 4).
- Percy Parks and Elizabeth Denson appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Lindenau, DeWitt County, Texas. Other members of the household included Forest Parks, Floyd Parks, Percy Parks Jr., Charlie Parks and Susie Mae Parks.
- She married Ray Albert Davis, son of Amos Davis and Lue Ella Williams, in 1936.
- Ray Albert Davis and Forest Parks appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Cuero, DeWitt County, Texas, at Hamilton Street.
- Percy Parks registered for the draft on 27 April 1942 in Nueces County, Texas, whild living at 1920 Margarite Street in Corpus Christi, and employed there at the Naval Air Station. Contact: Miss Forest Davis, 1920-1/2 Margarite Street.
- She officially witnessed the death of Percy Parks on 28 January 1951 at Memorial Hospital in Corpus Christi, Nueces County, Texas.
- She officially witnessed the death of Ray Albert Davis on 19 April 1979 at Spohn Hospital in Corpus Christi, Nueces County, Texas.
- Forest Parks became a widow at the 19 April 1979 death of her husband Ray Albert Davis.
- Mr. R. A. Davis was born to the union of Mr. and Mrs. Amos Davis in Cuero, Texas. He was converted at an early age and joined Mt. Bethel Baptist Church, Cuero, Texas.
Mr. Davis met and married Miss Forest Parks in 1936 and to this union three children were born, his son preceded him in death.
Bro. Davis served as a Deacon for 31 years. Upon moving to Corpus Christi he united with the Mt. Zion Baptist Church, St. Metthew Church and Calvary First Baptist Church where he served 21 years until his health failed him.
Survivors are: his wife; his mother, Mrs. Louella Davis of Austin, Texas; two daughters, Mrs. Joyce Mosley of Kingsville, Texas, and Mrs. Alice Sanders of Wichita, Kansas; four sisters, Mrs. Mattie Steens of Austin, Texas, Mrs. Emma Hill of Ft. Worth, Mrs. Estella White, Mrs. Mildred Cox; three brothers, William, Clarence and Cornell Davis all of San Antonio; four grandsons and a host of relatives and friends.
- Forest Parks died on 15 February 2006 at age 89.
- She was interred at Rose Hill Memorial Park, Corpus Christi, Nueces County, Texas.
- The following Forest Davis was born on May 10, 1916 in Cuero, Texas to the union of Percy and Elizabeth Parks. She was the second eldest of five children.
Forest was converted at an early age and became a member of the Mt. Bethel Baptist Church. Forest attended school in her hometown.
She met R. A. Davis and on December 24, 1936 they married. To this union three children were born -- Joyce, Alice and Robert Albert, Jr.
After living in Cuero for a short time the family moved to Corpus Christi where Forest joined St. Matthew Baptist Church and served on the usher board and was a member of the choir. In 1957, Forest became a member of Calvary First Baptist Church. Over the next years, Forest served as President of Usher board #2 and Club Eighteen. She also served with Ministers and Decons' wives. Forest was also a member of the Amicae and the Debs Mother's Club. Through the years she worked in many other capacities, serving both church and community.
Forest was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, her son, three brothers, and a son-in-law. She leaves to cherish her memory: her daughters - Joyce Mosley (Jim, deceased) of Kingsville, Texas and Alice Sanders (R. A.) of Sugar Land, Texas; four grandsons - Marloe Mosley of McAllen, Texas, J. Christen Mosley of San Antonio, Keith Sanders (Michiko) of Houston, and Robert Sanders Jr. of Kansas City, Missouri; two great grandchildren - Rheon Ané Sanders and Robert Sanders III; one sister - Susie Jenkins, numerous nephews and nieces, friends and many others whose lives she touched through her Christian work.
- Last Edited: 10 Jun 2017
Family: Ray Albert Davis b. 18 July 1915, d. 19 April 1979
- Ray Albert Davis Jr. b. 3 January 1943, d. 11 January 1943