William Burton Hoke
b. 3 May 1883, d. 6 May 1969
- William Burton Hoke was born on 3 May 1883 in Minnesota.
- He married Lillie Mae Weis, daughter of Charles Weis and Amy L. Weaver, on 26 June 1906 in Hennepin County, Minnesota, by license issued the 25th, with G. L. Morrill officiating.
- William Burton Hoke registered for the draft on 12 September 1918 while living with his wife Mae at 5129 Coefax Avenue in Minneapolis, and employed there as a foreman by the Minneapolis Tribune Company at 57/59 Fourch Street South.
- William Burton Hoke and Lillie Mae Weis appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota, at 5129 Colfax. Other members of the household included Amy L. Weaver.
- He was employed as superintendent by a local newspaper, according to the 1940 census.
- William Burton Hoke became a widower at the 10 April 1959 death of his wife Lillie Mae Weis.
- William Burton Hoke died on 6 May 1969 at age 86 in Ramsey County, Minnesota.
- He was interred at Lakewood Cemetery, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota.
- Last Edited: 30 Oct 2014