Fanny Elizabeth Hunt
b. 23 May 1859, d. 23 June 1935
- Father: Joseph Hunt b. circa 1828, d. 14 May 1897
- Mother: Fanny Jane Lyons b. January 1830, d. 3 August 1915
- Fanny Elizabeth Hunt was born on 23 May 1859 in Guelph, Ontario, Canada.
- She married Frederick William Sheppard.
- The following appeared on 3 August 1915 in the Buffalo Courier: Mrs. Fannie J. Hunt, eighty-five years old, died early this morning at the home of her son, William Hunt, commissioner of charities and corrections, No. 408 Trenton avenue. Death followed an illness of several months.
Mrs. Hunt, a resident of Berlin, Ont., until the death of her husband Twenty years ago, then came to Buffalo to reside with her son. The body will remain in Buffalo until Wednesday, when it will be taken to Berlin, Ont., for interment. The funeral will be held at the home of a daughter, Mrs. Fred Sheppard, in Berlin. Mrs. Hunt was a member of Linwood avenue Methodist church in Buffalo.
Six sons and two daughters survive. They are: Mrs. Fred Sheppard of Berlin, Ont; John Hunt of Regina, Man; and Mrs. Frank G. Gilchrist [sic], Harry J. Hunt, William Hunt, Walter Hunt, Charles Hunt and Robert Hunt of Buffalo.
- The following appeared on 17 August 1926 in the Buffalo Evening News: [Died] In Waterbury, Conn., Aug. 15, 1926, Charles A. Hunt, husband of Carrie Hunt, father of Charles and Genevieve Hunt, brother of William, Harry, and Robert Hunt, Mrs. Elizabeth Sheppard of Kitchener, Ont., Mrs. Frank Gilchriese of Buffalo, N. Y. Funeral from the residence of his son, 31 Heussy avenue, time to be announced later.
- Fanny Elizabeth Hunt died on 23 June 1935 at age 76 in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada.
- Frederick William Sheppard became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Mount Hope Cemetry, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
- Last Edited: 9 Mar 2014