Walter P. Rogers
b. 18 January 1892, d. 12 March 1973
- Walter P. Rogers was born on 18 January 1892 in Bordentown, Burlington County, New Jersey.
- He married Grace Alma Weber, daughter of Frederick S. Weber and Matilda H. Bremer, circa 1932.
- Walter P. Rogers and Grace Alma Weber appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Roebling, Burlington County, New Jersey, at 84 Riverside Avenue.
- He was employed as a foreman by a steel mill, according to the 1940 census.
- Walter P. Rogers registered for the draft in 1942 in Burlington County, New Jersey, while living with his wife Grace at 10 Sixth Avenue in Roebling, and employed there by J. A. Roebling's Sons Co. of Trenton.
- The following appeared on 21 June 1954 in The Trenton Evening Times: Frederick W. Rogers, son of Mr. and Mrs. Walter P. Rogers of 31 Steward Avenue, was graduated this week from Temple University with an A.B. degree in chemistry. He was a member of the Temple Diamond Band, the Diamond Honor Society and a member and former officer of Sigma Phi Epsilon Frarternity. Rogers will enter the Kirksville College of Osteopathy at Kirksville, Missouri, in the Fall.
- The following appeared on 14 April 1958 in The Trenton Evening Trenton Times: (Kirksville, Mo.) Frederick Walter Rogers, son of Mr. and Mrs. Walter P. Rogers, Trenton, N. J., is a member of the class graduating from the Kirksville College of Osteopathy and Surgery June 2, Rogers is a member of the Atlas Club, Sigma Sigma Phi, Psy Sigma Alpha, Junior Academy of Applied Osteopathy. He did his pre-osteopathic work at the Temple University, Philadelphia, Pa. He will intern at Parkview Hosptial, Toledo, Ohio.
- He was interred at Christ Church Episcopal Cemetery, Bordentown, Burlington County, New Jersey.
- Walter P. Rogers died on 12 March 1973 at age 81 in Normandy, St. Louis County, Missouri, at Normandy Osteopathic Hospital.
- Grace Alma Weber became a widow at his death.
- The following appeared on 14 March 1973 in The Evening Trenton Times: (Bordentown) Funeral services for Walter P. Rogers, 80, will be held at 10 a.m. Friday in Christ Episcopal Church on Prince Street.
Mr. Rogers died Monday in the Normandy Osteopathic Hospital in Normandy, Om. He lived in Ferguson, Mo., for seven years, moving there from Bordentown where he previously had lived all his life.
A veteran of World War I, he was a member of Mount Moriah Lodge No. 28, F&AM. He was a former vestryman of Christ Episcopal Church here and a member of American Legion Post No, 26, the Civil Service Association of New Jersey and the Lotus Club.
Surviving are his wife, Mrs. Grace Weber Rogers, one son, Dr. Frederick W. Rogers of St. Louis, anhd a sister, Miss Florence Rogers of Bordentown.
Interment will be in Christ Churchyard. Friends may call Thursday from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Huber Funeral Home, 517 Farnsworth Avenue. Masonic services will be conducted at 8 p.m.
- Last Edited: 11 Feb 2014