Frances M. Hibbard
b. June 1890
- Father: Francis W. Hibbard
- Frances M. Hibbard was born in June 1890 in New York.
- The following appeared on 3 September 1916 in the Buffalo Courier: Mr. and Mrs. F. W. Hibbard announce the engagement of their daughter Frances M. to William a. Leggett, marriage to take place in October.
- She married William Alexander Leggett, son of Colin M. Leggett and Lillie Dale, on 11 October 1916 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at Fargo Avenue, at the home of the bride's parents, with Rev. James R. Logue officiating. They later divorced.
- The following appeared on 12 October 1916 in the Buffalo Evening News: The marriage of Miss Frances M. Hibbard, to Mr. William A. Leggett, was solemnized last evening at 8 o'clock, at the home of the bride's parents, Mr. and Mrs. Francis W. Hibbard, in Fargo avenue. The Rev. James R. Logue performed the ceremony, which took place before an embankment of palms. The house was decorated throughout with plams, smilax and pink roses. The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, wore a gown of ivory satin, with Radium lace and pearl trimming and carried bride roses and lilies of the valley. She was attended by Miss Grace Forbes, who was gowned in pale blue satin with bodice of net. Mr. Harry H. Hibbard was best man and Mr. William W. Hibbard, usher. Miss Hazel Hainke played the wedding march.
THE ceremony was followed by a supper, the bride's table of 11 covers was decorated in pink and white and the other guests were seated at small tables. Among the out of town guests were Mr. and Mrs. T. D. Hibbard, Mr. and Mrs. W. Heximer, Mr. and Mrs. H. Hibbard of Niagara Falls; Mr. and Mrs. C. Howland of Lockport, N. Y.
Mr. and Mrs. Leggett are taking a trip to New York, Philadelphia and Atlantic City and will be at home after November 15, at 112 Massachusetts avenue.
- William Alexander Leggett registered for the draft on 5 June 1917 in Erie County, New York, while living with his wife and mother at 112 Massachusetts in Buffalo, and employed in Tonawanda by US Alloy Corporation as a purchasing agent.
- Last Edited: 28 Oct 2013