Hope Ameri Caroline Kammerer
b. 30 June 1891, d. 21 November 1972
- Father: Jacob Andrea Kammerer b. 8 December 1857, d. 16 January 1921
- Mother: Christina Sophia Schmal b. 26 October 1860, d. 22 November 1951
- Hope Ameri Caroline Kammerer was born on 30 June 1891 in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Canada.
- Jacob Andrea Kammerer and Christina Sophia Schmal appeared in the 31 March 1901 census of Canada in Toronto, York County West, Ontario, Canada, at 87 Jameson. Other members of the household included Hope Ameri Caroline Kammerer, Christina Elizabeth Kammerer, Marcia Helena Kammerer, Sybil Moline Fredericka Kammerer and Jean Robinson Kammerer. Also in the household was a mother's helper and one other servant.
- Jacob Andrea Kammerer and Christina Sophia Schmal appeared in the 1 June 1911 census of Canada in Toronto South, York County, Ontario, Canada, at 87 Jameson Avenue. Other members of the household included Hope Ameri Caroline Kammerer, Christina Elizabeth Kammerer, Marcia Helena Kammerer, Sybil Moline Fredericka Kammerer and Jean Robinson Kammerer.
- The following appeared on 20 January 1921 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Died in Cochrane, Ont., Jan. 16, 1921, J. A. Kammerer, aged 63 years, beloved husband of Mrs. Tina Kammerer, father of Mrs. Frank Bradford, Toronto, Mrs. Harry Forester, Chicago, Misses Hope, Sybil and Jene Kammerer, brother of Mrs. Margaret Borth, Buffalo, N.Y., Mrs. Louis Eimer, city, Mrs. Albert Hoffman, city, Mrs. Charles Ford, city, Mrs. C. Frank, North Dakota. Funeral was held from the home of his sister, Mrs. Louis Eimer, 422 Fifth street this afternoon at 2 o'clock, Rev. David Henry Weeks officiating. Burial Oakwood cemetery.
- Hope Kammerer, music teacher, crossed the border from Canada at Buffalo on 1 August 1930, bound for Rochester, New York. Raymond Wilson, Eastman School of Music, was named as arrival contact, and her mother Christina S. Kammerer (57 Avenue R, Toronto) her departurure contact.
- She crossed the border at Buffalo on 22 December 1932, giving as her arrival contact Mrs. Tom Staten, Valdosta, Georgia, and as her departure contact her friend Alice Sotheston?, 133 Greensdale Avenue, Toronto.
- Hope Kammerer, piano teacher, crossed the border at Detroit on 13 September 1933, bound for Palmdale, Florida, intending to make the US her permanent residence. Her sister, Mrs. M. Bradfield of 12 Hillsdale Avenue, East Toronto, was named as her departurure contact.
- She arrived in Tampa on 9 September 1934 aboard the SS Cuba, having departed Havana the previous day. Her occupation is recorded as musician, and her last permanent residence as Tampa, Florida.
- She sailed from Belize, British Honduras, on 22 October 1936 aboard the motor schooner Racer, arriving in Tampa on 28 October 1936. Her occupation is recorded as writer, and her last permanent residence as Tampa, Florida, having been admitted to the US in Detroit on 13 September 1933.
- Hope Ameri Caroline Kammerer died on 21 November 1972 at age 81 in Dade County, Florida.
- Last Edited: 9 Jul 2011