Ruth Marie Wisch
b. 19 February 1915, d. 26 March 1982
- Father: George Edwin Wisch b. 6 January 1888, d. 5 March 1975
- Mother: Olive Marie Rose b. 23 December 1890, d. 15 August 1982
- Ruth Marie Wisch was born on 19 February 1915 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York.
- George Edwin Wisch registered for the draft on 5 June 1917 in Erie County, New York, while living with his wife and child at 320 Humboldt in Buffalo, and employed there by Colegrove Bros. Inc., 51 Broadway, as secretary & treasurer.
- The following appeared on 17 May 1934 in The Journal & Republican: Misses Ruth Wisch, of Buffalo, Arlene Tuck, of New York, and Eloise Ross spent the week-end with Mr. and Mrs. Orrin Ross. The young ladies were returning to Cornell from St. Lawrence University after a debate with the St. Lawrence team.
- The following appeared on 7 October 1939 in The Morning Herald: (Rochester, N.Y.) Love and careers stood hand in hand as a young engaged couple was admitted to the practice of law by the Appelate division, Fourth department, here yesterday, along with 56 other new barristers.
The pair, whose romance began the second day after they entered the University of Buffalo Law school and led to their engagement two weeks ago, was Miss Ruth M. Wisch, 24, of Buffalo, and George H. Cooley, Jr., 25, of Niagara Falls.
Whether there will be a law firm of Cooley & Cooley (Mr. and Mrs.) they smilingly declined to say.
- George Edwin Wisch and Olive Marie Rose appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 95 Kensington Avenue. Other members of the household included Ruth Marie Wisch, George Henry Cooley Jr.
- She was a lawyer, according to the 1940 census.
- She married George Henry Cooley Jr., son of George Henry Cooley and Christiana Franziska Eimer, on 11 August 1940.
- The following appeared on 12 August 1940 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: With a large number of Buffalo and Niagara Falls friends in attendance, the marriage of Miss Ruth Marie Wisch, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George Edwin Wisch, of Kensington avenue, Buffalo, to Mr. George Henry Cooley, Jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. George Henry Cooley, of Twelfth street, this city, was solemnized at 11 o'clock Saturday morning in St. Joseph's Cathedral, Buffalo. The ceremony was performed by the Rev. Francis Garvey.
Miss Eleanor H. Eiste of Pittsburgh, Pa., was maid of honor and Miss Gertrude J. Von der Au, St. Louis, Mo., bridesmaid. William E. Murphy, of Lewiston, was best man, and the ushers were Robert L. Cooley, brother of the bridegroom, and J. Paul Guinther, his cousin.
Miss Wisch chose a Grecian gown of white silk jersey fashioned with long sleeves and a high neckline. She wore a short veil and carried a colonial bouquet of gardenias. The bride's two attendants were attired in similar dresses and wore floral hats of white gladioli. The carried colonial bouquets of flowers to match their hats.
Mrs. Wisch, mother of the bride, was gowned in dusty rose lace and chiffon, with which she wore dubonnet hat and accessories and an orchid corsage in matching colors. Mrs. Cooley, mother of the groom was dressed in a rose and violet on white printed taffeta, over which she wore a reidngote of mousseline de soie. Her hat was of pale blue felt with pink veiling and her corsage of roses and delphinium.
There was a reception for 150 guests at the Park Lane, after which the newlyweds left for a trip to Maine and Vermont. Upon their return they will reside at 95 Kensington avenue. Mrs. Cooley traveled in a black benga faille suit with black hat, trimmed with white flowers, and black purse and white gloves.
A large number of showers and parties were given both here and in Buffalo for Mrs. Cooley. On Friday night Mr. and Mrs. Wisch feted members of the bridal party and others at a buffet supper at their home and on Wednesday Mrs. Peter Schmitt honored Miss Wisch at a luncheon at Cherry Hill Country club. Robert Cooley also entertained at a bachelor supper party for his brother at his home on Twelfth street.
- She officially witnessed the death of George Edwin Wisch on 5 March 1975 at Sam Houston Hospital in Houston, Harris County, Texas.
- At the time of her death Ruth Marie Wisch was living in Houston, Harris County, Texas, at 10658 Mayfield Road.
- Ruth Marie Wisch died on 26 March 1982 at age 67 in Houston, Harris County, Texas, at Spring Branch Hospital.
- George Henry Cooley Jr. became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Houston National Cemetery, Houston, Harris County, Texas.
- A single grave marker identifies the graves of George Henry Cooley Jr. and Ruth Marie Wisch.
- Last Edited: 16 Apr 2015
- Charts: Descendants of DEXHEIMER Philipp Peter & Maria Agnesa Wagner / Anna Christina Baltz , Descendants of KÄMERER Laurentius & Catharina Schömbs