b. November 1857, d. 11 July 1869
- Father: Ludwig Wilhelm Philipp Franz Vorwerk b. 20 June 1832, d. 21 May 1887
- Mother: Johanna Faber b. July 1833, d. 5 September 1885
- Robert Vorwerk was born in November 1857 in Illinois.
- Ludwig Wilhelm Philipp Franz Vorwerk and Johanna Faber appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Madelia, Brown (later Wantonwan) County, Minnesota, enumerated with the surname "Jorwerth.". Other members of the household included Robert Vorwerk, Frederick William Vorwerk. Value of real estate was $500, personal property $300.
- According to family lore, the family's relocation from Madelia to St. Anthony was inspired by the 1862 Sioux uprising.
- Ludwig Wilhelm Philipp Franz Vorwerk appeared in the Minnesota state census of 1 June 1865 in St. Anthony (later Minneapolis), Hennepin County, Minnesota, enumerated with the surname "Borvach.". Other members of the household included Robert Vorwerk, Godfrey Vorwerk and Frederick William Vorwerk.
- Robert Vorwerk died on 11 July 1869 at age 11.
- He was interred at Lakewood Cemetery, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota.
- A single grave marker identifies the graves of Robert Vorwerk and John Vorwerk.
- The Vorwerk family monument overlooks individual grave markers at Lakewood Cemetery.
- Louis Vorwerk was born in Germany, June 20th, 1832. Was educated in his native country, and came to America the summer of 1852. He lived three years in the state of New York, and three years in Chicago. He came to Minnesota in 1858, and located on a farm in Watonwan county, in which he remained until the Indian outbreak, in 1862, when he was driven from his home. Came to Minneapolis and worked in the furniture business until he accumulated enough to begin business for himself, then opened a grocery at 330 Fifth street north-east. His marriage to Miss Jennie Faber occurred October 10th, 1856, at Chicago. They have four children living: Frederick, Elizabeth E., Louis W. and Fredericka D. A.
-- from History of Hennepin County and The City of Minneapolis, published 1881.
- Last Edited: 15 Aug 2013