Betty Lou Vorwerk
b. 15 July 1926, d. 29 August 2000
- Father: Louis Henry Vorwerk b. circa 20 June 1886, d. 25 December 1932
- Mother: Viola Vera Wilson b. May 1900
- Betty Lou Vorwerk was born on 15 July 1926 in Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota.
- Louis Henry Vorwerk and Viola Vera Wilson appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Minnesota. Other members of the household included Betty Lou Vorwerk.
- It appears that "Betty Lou Covington" was the daughter of Louis Henry Vorwerk and Viola Vera Wilson, and after their divorce was adopted and raised by Louis' sister Atha (and Colin) Covington.
- The following appeared on 27 December 1932 in the Minneapolis Tribune: [Died] Louis Vorwerk, age 44, of 3247 Lyndale Ave. South. Survived by his daughter Betty Lou; father Fred Vorwerk; one sister, Mrs. C. W. Covington; one brother, Fred Vorwerk Jr. Funeral Services at 901 W 44th Wednesdeay at 9:15 a.m., at Ascension Church 10 a.m. Interment St. Mary's Cemetery. Washburn Mortuary Services.
- She was known as Betty Lou Covington after her adoption.
- The SSDI lists St. Paul, Ramsey County, Minnesota, as the last residence of record of Betty Lou Vorwerk.
- Betty Lou Vorwerk died on 29 August 2000 at age 74 in Grand Marais, Cook County, Minnesota.
- Last Edited: 9 May 2012