b. 30 June 1829
- Father: William Simpson b. circa 1801, d. between 1841 and 1851
- Mother: Jean Craig b. circa 1795, d. 20 November 1884
- William Simpson was born on 30 June 1829 in Parish of Muirkirk, Ayrshire, Scotland.
- He was baptized/christened on 18 July 1829 in Parish of Murikirk, Ayrshire, Scotland.
- William Simpson appeared in the British census of 6 June 1841.
- William Simpson and Jean Craig appeared in the British census of 6 June 1841 in Parish of Muirkirk, Kyle District, Ayrshire, Scotland, at Main Street. Other members of the household included William Simpson, Thomas Simpson, Margaret Simpson and James Simpson.
- Jean Craig appeared in the British census of 30 March 1851 in Bothwell, Lanarkshire, Scotland, at Carlisle Road. Other members of the household included William Simpson, Thomas Simpson. Also in the household were visitors Jane Simpson (age 6) born in Muirkirk, and Marion Simpson (age 4), born in Auchenenheath, Lanarkshire. Living nearby are William and Margaret Muir, who may be the parents of George Muir in Holytown, with whose family Marg/Mary Simpson (age 13), possibly Jean Craig Simpson's daughter, is enumerated as a servant. Further research is required.
- He was an iron roller, according to the 1851 census.
- Photographs of present-day Muirkirk.
- Last Edited: 15 Jan 2016