b. 25 February 1918, d. 10 July 2012
- Father: William Edward Wilson b. 18 August 1883, d. 19 April 1957
- Mother: Mary Gale Graham b. circa 1890, d. circa 1983
- Jean Wilson was born on 25 February 1918 in Kenmore, Erie County, New York.
- William Edward Wilson and Mary Gale Graham appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Kenmore, Erie County, New York, at 48 Prospect Avenue. Other members of the household included Jean Wilson.
- A photographic portrait was made of Jean Wilson, about 1922.
- William Edward Wilson and Mary Gale Graham appeared in the New York state census of 1 June 1925 in Kenmore, Erie County, New York, at 48 North End Avenue. Other members of the household included Jean Wilson.
- Elizabeth Richardson arrived in the Port of New York on 12 September 1926, accompanied by Jean Wilson, Bessie Graham aboard the Anchor Line SS Transylvania, having departed Glasgow on the 4th. Eight-year-old Jean Wilson visited Scotland with her grandmother and Aunt Bessie Graham.
- William Edward Wilson and Mary Gale Graham appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Kenmore, New York, at 48 North End Avenue. Other members of the household included Jean Wilson.
- Jean Wilson appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Clifton, Passaic County, New Jersey, at 92 Getty Avenue lodging in the household of Peter and Wilma Johnson.
- She was employed by an aircraft company as a secretary, according to the 1940 census.
- She married Emanuel C. Schablik, son of Emanuel B. Schablik and Emma (?).
- Jean Wilson became a widow at the 18 June 1990 death of her husband Emanuel C. Schablik.
- Jean Wilson died on 10 July 2012 at age 94.
- She was interred at Hackensack Cemetery, Hackensack, Bergen County, New Jersey.
- The following appeared on 29 July 2012 in the Cape Cod Times: (Centerville) Jean Wilson Schablik, of Centerville, passed away on July 10, 2012, from congestive heart failure at the age of 94.
She was the wife of the late Emanuel Clifford Schablik of Centerville.
Born in Kenmore, N.Y., she was the daughter of William Edward Wilson and Mary (Graham) Wilson. She was raised in Kenmore and graduated from Kenmore High School where she was a band member and played the clarinet. After graduating she attended Bryant and Stratton business school in Buffalo, N.Y.
After college, she worked for Curtiss Wright, became the assistant to the company president during World War II and moved to Clifton, N.J.
After the war she became a legal secretary, married Emanuel C. Schablik and moved to Kinnelon, N.J. She later became a real estate broker in Morris County. After retiring to Centerville, Mass., in 1978, she had part time jobs in real estate, census tracking, Barnstable elder services and assisting with an ice cream truck distributorship.
She was a member of the Order of the Eastern Star and Rainbow girls as well as the Order of the Amaranth. She attained the position of Worthy Matron in both organizations. She was very active in helping others and volunteered at the Idylease nursing home in West Milford, N.J., and Chip's House in Centerville, Mass. She was active in St. David's church choir, the Laurel Guild and other activities in Smoke Rise, Kinnelon, N.J.
She loved animals, arts and crafts, friends, travel and being with her family. Jean was focused on her family and friends until the day she died.
She is survived by her son, Peter Schablik of Marshfield, Mass., his wife Lynda Marie and their son Daniel Emanuel; and Noel Emanuel Schablik of Boonton, N.J; his wife Carol Schablik, their children and many grandchildren.
A private service will be held at the Hackensack Cemetery in Hackensack, N.J.
My mother hopes you are doing well and would ask you to visit or call a loved one today.
- Last Edited: 9 Feb 2013