b. 22 March 1915, d. 12 November 2010
- David Stirling was born on 22 March 1915 in Glasgow, Scotland.
- The following appeared on 3 September 1938 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Mr. and Mrs. Martin H. Mayle of 2230 South avenue, announce the engagement of their daughter, Elizabeth M., to David Stirling, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Stirling, of Glasgow, Scotland. The wedding will take place in November.
- He married Elizabeth Magdalena Mayle, daughter of Martin Helmuth Mayle and Louise Margaret Barnett, on 11 November 1938.
- David Stirling became a widower at the 7 December 2003 death of his wife Elizabeth Magdalena Mayle.
- David Stirling died on 12 November 2010 at age 95 in West Chester, Tuscarawas County, Ohio.
- He was interred at Resthaven Memorial Gardens, Frederick, Maryland.
- The following appeared on 17 November 2010 in The Frederick News-Post: Mr. David Stirling, 95, died Friday, Nov. 12, 2010, in West Chester, Ohio. He was born March 22, 1915, in Glasgow, Scotland.
He is survived by children, Carol Stirling Myers of Thurmont, Judith Stirling Wedgewood of Hamilton, Ohio, and Naples, Fla., and James Wight Stirling of Wilmington, N.C; grandchildren, Elizabeth Myers of Emmitsburg, Christina Myers Duckworth of Hagerstown, Kathryn Myers Wolfman of San Diego, Brian Ripley of Greenfield, Ind., Bruce Ripley of Loveland, Ohio, Dierdre Britt of Alpharetta, Ga., and James David Stirling of Wilmington, N.C; and 12 great-grandchildren.
David's family emigrated from Scotland to Niagara Falls, N.Y., in 1926. After high school graduation, he went to work for American Salesbook Co., later renamed Moore Business Forms. He and Elizabeth married Nov. 11, 1938. He was transferred to Elmira, N.Y., in 1939, where he worked his way up to assistant to the plant manager. He was transferred again in 1953 to Winnipeg, Manitoba, for his first position as plant manager, and subsequently to Thurmont, in 1957, Elmira N.Y., in 1961, and Angola, Ind., in 1964, where he also served as plant manager.
In 1969, he was transferred to Park Ridge, Ill., where he was the general production manager for the central division. He retired in 1978 and returned to Thurmont. After the death of his beloved wife, Betty, he became a resident of Naples, Fla.
David was a member of Emmitsburg Presbyterian Church while he lived in Thurmont, and for the last five years he was a member of Naples United Church of Christ, Naples, Fla. He was also a member of St. Andrews Society of Southwest Florida.
A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. until time of the memorial service at 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 4, 2010, both at Emmitsburg Presbyterian Church, 415 W. Main St., Emmitsburg.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations can be made to the Salvation Army.
Mihovk-Rosenacker Funeral Homes serving the family.
- Last Edited: 23 Oct 2015
- Charts: Descendants of DEXHEIMER Philipp Peter & Maria Agnesa Wagner / Anna Christina Baltz , Descendants of KÄMERER Laurentius & Catharina Schömbs