James Harvey Hayworth
b. 28 April 1867, d. 26 June 1937
- Father: Daniel Craven Hayworth b. 15 October 1825, d. 23 August 1904
- Mother: Ednaetta H. Richardson b. 14 August 1835, d. circa 11 December 1920
- James Harvey Hayworth was born on 28 April 1867 in Indiana.
- Daniel Craven Hayworth and Ednaetta H. Richardson, appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Liberty Township, Hendricks County, Indiana. Other members of the household included James Harvey Hayworth. Also in the household were children Albert G. (age 16), Charles (14) and Luretta (9).
- Daniel Craven Hayworth and Ednaetta H. Richardson appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Liberty Township, Indiana. Other members of the household included James Harvey Hayworth. Also in the household were children Loretta (age 18), Minnie (9) and twins Ida May and Iva Ann (6).
- He was attending school and working on the farm, according to the 1880 census.
- He married Mary Etta Allen, daughter of Thomas Larue Allen Allen and Margaret Ann Thornburgh, on 27 July 1892 in Wayne County, Indiana.
- The family has yet to be found in the 1900 census.
- The following appeared on 1 September 1904 in The Republican: Daniel Craven Hayworth, a well known and highly respected citizen of Lebanon, formerly of this county, died at his home Tuesday, August 23, after an illness of two weeks from a complication of diseases. He was a plain and unassuming man, well informed and of strong convictions, always standing for what seemed to him to be best.
He was born at High Point, North Carolina, October 1?, 1825, and at the time of his death was aged 78 years, ten months and eight days. He came to Indiana in the spring of 1846 and has resided in the state ever since. He was married to Bathsheba Richardson January 12, 1851. To them were born four children--Malissa, who departed this life March 22, 1886; Lucy J. Rammel, Albert G. and Charles D. This union was terminated September 5, 1858, by the death of his wife.
He was married to Edneeta Richardson December 4, 1859. Five children were born to them--Loretta Foley, James H., Minnie, Ida M. and Iva A. A widow, eight children and eleven grandchildren mourn his departure. The deceased united with the Missionary Baptist church in 1871 and has always striven to lead an honest and exemplary Christian life. The funeral services were conducted at the residence at noon Thursday by Rev. Demetrious Tillotson and the body taken to Crown Hill for burial. Mr. Hayworth has lived in Lebanon for ten years, coming to Lebanon from Greencastle where he had moved from Hendricks county. The pallbearers were A. B. Jones, S. C. Clay, S. M. Ralston, I. N. Castor, August Meyer and S. N. Cragun.
- James Harvey Hayworth and Mary Etta Allen appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, at 2335 Ashland Avenue enumerated next to Mary Etta's parents.. Other members of the household included Russell Allen Hayworth.
- He was employed by internal revenue as a collector, according to the 1910 census.
- James Harvey Hayworth and Mary Etta Allen appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Indianapolis, Indiana, at 2335 Ashland Avenue. Other members of the household included Thomas Larue Allen Allen.
- He was employed as a bookkeeper by the US revenue office, according to the 1920 census.
- James Harvey Hayworth and Mary Etta Allen appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Indianapolis, Indiana, at 2335 Ashland Avenue.
- He was employed as a bookkeeper by the internal revenue office, according to the 1930 census.
- James Harvey Hayworth died on 26 June 1937 at age 70 in Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana.
- Mary Etta Allen became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at West Lawn Cemetery, Hagerstown, Wayne County, Indiana.
- The following was published in the Liberty Township section of Atlas of Hendricks County (1878):
HAYWORTH, DANIEL C., P.O. Clayton; Farmer, Sec. 5, born in Davidson Co., N.C., Oct. 15, 1825; son of John, b. May 4, 1798, d. Dec. 6, 1874, and Rebecca Cravens, b. March 25, 1798, d. Aug. 31, 1843. Married Jan. 12, 1851, to Bashaba Richardson, of Bartholomew Co., Ind., b. Feb. 28, 1832, d. Sept. 5, 1858. Married again Dec. 4, 1859, to Ednaetta H. Richardson, Hamilton Co., Ohio, b. Aug. 14, 1835. Her father, John H., b. April 7, 1807, still living, and mother, Rebecca A. Wood, b. July 9, 1809, d. Oct. 2, 1876, were married Sept. 9, 1832. Four children by first wife, five by second--Rebecca M., b. Nov. 13, 1851; Mrs. Lucy J. Rammel, b. Jan. 7, 1853 (married May 22, 1873); Albert G., b. May 15, 1854, married Aug. 6, 1876; Charles D., born March 2, 1856; Loretta, b. May 4, 1862; James H., April 28, 1867; Minnie, b. May 16, 1871; Ida May and Iva Ann (twins), b. May 16, 1874. Mr. Hayworth settled in Madison Co. 1848, in Bartholomew Co. 1849, and in this county, where he now lives, 1864.
- Last Edited: 8 Jul 2013