Sarah Elizabeth Barnett
b. 1 June 1875, d. 16 September 1968
- Father: George W. Barnett b. 9 March 1855, d. 14 September 1931
- Mother: Elizabeth Kammerer b. 12 February 1854, d. 13 February 1937
- Sarah Elizabeth Barnett was born on 1 June 1875 in New York.
- George W. Barnett and Elizabeth Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 164 Church Street. Other members of the household included Sarah Elizabeth Barnett, Elizabeth Susan Barnett and Louise Margaret Barnett.
- She married Michael Bloy, son of William Bloy, on 10 December 1896 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York.
- Michael Bloy and Sarah Elizabeth Barnett appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Denver, Arapahoe County, Colorado, at 1827 Lafayette Street. Other members of the household included Myron Barnett Bloy.
- Michael Bloy and Sarah Elizabeth Barnett appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan, at 880 Van Dyke Avenue. Other members of the household included Myron Barnett Bloy.
- The following appeared on 18 July 1914 in The Buffalo Express: Miss Ruth Barnett and George J. Barnett have gone to Fourth Lake, Adirondacks, accompanied by Mrs. M. Bloy and Myron B. Bloy of Detroit.
- The following appeared on 30 June 1916 in The Buffalo Morning Express: The marriage of Miss Gertrude Barnett, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George W. Barnett, and Joseph F. Lepine was solemnized at 7 o'clock last evening in the Presbyterian church of the Covenant, the Rev. John D. Campbell officiating. The church was decorated with palms, evergreens, pink peonies and marguerites. Ropes of Smilax were caught from the chandeliers. The pews for the house guests were marked with pink peonies and marguerites. Carl Kammerer of Niagara Falls, cousin of the bride, played a programme of organ music as the guests were assembling, ending in the Lohengrin bridal chorus as the bridal party entered, led by the ushers, Myron B. Bloy of Detroit, Mich., and William Lewis. The ushers were followed by the maid of honor, Miss Myrtle Hutchinson, and the two bridesmaids, Miss Helen Kammerer of Niagara Falls and Miss Ruth Barnett, sister of the bride. The bride entered with her father and was met at the altar by the bridegroom and his best man, George J. Barnett. She wore a gown of pussywillow taffeta with lace and pearl trimmings. Her veil was fastened with orange blossoms and she carried a shower bouquet of bride roses and lilies of the valley. The maid of honor, wore green-flowered voile trimmed with green satin bands and carried an arm bouquet of Ophelia roses. Miss Kammerer wore pink-flowered voile trimmed with pink satin bands and carried an arm bouquet of pink Killarney roses. A reception to 100 guests at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Barnett in Waverly street followed the ceremony. Palms, pink and white peonies and roses adorned the rooms. The bride's table was laid for fourteen and was centered with pink roses. The other guests were seated at small tables which were centered with pink candelabra. The guests included Mr. and Mrs. John Guenther of Welland, Ont., Mr. and Mrs. Frank L. Barnett, Miss Nettie Platt of Alden, J. A. Kammerer of Toronto, Ont., Mrs. and Mrs. M. H. Mayle, Miss Helen Mayle, Mr. and Mrs. Louis K. Eimer, Paul Eimer, Mr. and Mrs. Francis Ford, Mrs. Adam Kammerer, Miss Marie Kammerer, Mr. and Mrs. Charles Ford, Miss Louise Ford, Charles Ford, Jr., Miss Norma Hoffman, Miss Alice Young, Mr. and Mrs. George Benning, Miss Elsa Vorwerck of Niagara Falls, Mr. and Mrs. George F. Loehr of Lancaster, Miss Gladys Williams of Toronto., Ont., Mr. and Mrs. M. Bloy of Detroit, Mich., Miss Winifred Hewetson and Miss Vera Hewetson of Brampton, Ont., Miss Alma Hart of Scranton, Pa. Mr. and Mrs. Lepine will spend their honeymoon in the Catskill mountains and will be at home after August 1st in Buffalo.
- The following appeared on 16 July 1916 in The Buffalo Express: Miss Elizabeth Barnett, Mrs. M. Bloy, Myron B. Bloy and George J. Barnett are at Tupper Lake in the Adirondaks.
- Michael Bloy and Sarah Elizabeth Barnett appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Detroit, Michigan, at 880 Van Dyke Avenue. Other members of the household included Myron Barnett Bloy.
- Michael Bloy and Sarah Elizabeth Barnett appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan, at 4114 Van Dyke Avenue.
- The following appeared on 14 February 1937 in the Buffalo Courier-Express: Mrs. George W. Barnett, 83 years old, 123 Waverly Street, the only remaining charter member of Covenant Presbyterian Church, died yesterday morning in her home after an illness of about a week. Mrs. Barnett was honored last fall at Covenant Church's 50th anniversary celebration in the church hall, 1525 Michigan Avenue.
Born in New York City, Mrs. Barnett came to Buffalo with her family when a young girl. She had lived here ever since. Her husband died about five years ago.
Survivors include six children, Mrs. Michael Bloy, Detroit, Mich; Mrs. Elisabeth Barrnett, Buffalo; Mrs. Martin H. Mayle, Niagara Falls; George J. Barnett, New York City; Mrs. Joseph F. Lepine and Mrs. Glenn H. Rickards, Buffalo, and several grandchildren. Funeral services will be held at 2:30 p. m. tomorrow in the home. The Rev. Donald M. Chappell will officiate. Burial will be in Acacia Park Cemetery.
- Sarah Elizabeth Barnett became a widow at the 1 July 1938 death of her husband Michael Bloy.
- The following appeared on 7 September 1956 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Mrs. Louise Barnett Mayle, 77, of Lockport Rd., died Thursday (Sept 6, 1956) in Ransom Nursing Home, NIagara Falls, after a year's illness.
Mrs. Mayle was born in Buffalo. She was a member of Riverdale Rebekah Lodge No. 195, IOOF, the Rural Club, and the Women's Society of the Niagara United Presbyterian Church.
Widow of the late Mrtin H. Mayle, she is survived by two daughters, Mrs. David Stirling, Winnipeg, Man., and Mrs. Wilbur Cameron, Tiffin, Ohio; three sisters, Mrs. Sarah Bloy, Detroit, Mich., Mrs. Joseph Lepine, Clarence, N. Y., and Mrs. Glen Rickard, Buffalo; six grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
Funeral services will be conducted at the Bell Funeral Chapel at 2:30 p. m. Saturday, by the Rev. William J. Devine. Interment will be in Oakwood Cemetery, Niagara Falls.
- The SSDI lists Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan, as the last residence of record of Sarah Elizabeth Barnett.
- Sarah Elizabeth Barnett died on 16 September 1968 at age 93.
- Last Edited: 24 Oct 2015
- Charts: Descendants of DEXHEIMER Philipp Peter & Maria Agnesa Wagner / Anna Christina Baltz , Descendants of KÄMERER Laurentius & Catharina Schömbs
Family: Michael Bloy b. 21 January 1871, d. 1 July 1938
- Myron Barnett Bloy+ b. 9 February 1898, d. 28 December 1963