Charles David Gaise
b. 7 June 1877, d. 11 May 1959
- Father: Henry Gaise
- Mother: Magdalena Urban b. circa 1844
- Charles David Gaise was born on 7 June 1877 in Willoughby, Welland County, Ontario, Canada.
- He was known as Karl according to his son David.
- The following appeared on 6 April 1910 in the Buffalo Courier: (Marriage Licenses) Charles D. Gaise, 32, No. 530 Northampton Street; Adelaide E. Borth, 35, No. 213 Grape Street.
- He married Adelaide E. Borth, daughter of Frederick Christian Borth and Margaretha Kammerer, on 6 April 1910.
- Charles David Gaise and Adelaide E. Borth appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 760 Glenwood Avenue living not far from Addie's cousin Mate Hoffman.. Other members of the household included Magdalena Urban.
- He was employed by the railroad as a car inspector, according to the 1910 census.
- Lucy Weiler Kammerer was photographed about 1912 with daughters Helen and Marie, Addie and Charles Gaise, and Elsa Vorwerk.
- A reunion of the Kammerer family was held in 1923 Kammerer family at the home of Helen Kammerer Hoffman, on the occasion of sister Phoebe Kammerer's Frank's visit from her home in Devil's Lake, North Dakota.
- Charles David Gaise died on 11 May 1959 at age 81 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York.
- Adelaide E. Borth became a widow at his death.
- The following appeared on 11 May 1959 in The Kingston Daily Freeman: Charles D. Gaise, 82, of Niagara Falls, father of the Rev. David C. Gaise, pastor of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Redeemer, Kingston, died suddenly at his home this morning. He was a retired machinist and lived in the Buffalo area most of his life. Mr. Gaise was a member of Xion Lutheran Church, Niagara Falls. Surviving are his wife, the former Adelaide Borth; a son, the Rev. Mr. Gaise and two grandchildren, Carol and Jean Gaise, both of Kingston. The funeral will be held Thursday in Niagara Falls under the direction of Cornell and Daggett Funeral Home, Main Street, Niagara Falls.
- The following appeared on 13 May 1959 in the Buffalo Courier-Express: [Died] In Niagara Falls, Monday, May 11, 1959, Charles D. Gaise of 2442 Willow Ave., husband of Adelaide Borth; father of Rev. David C. Gaise of Kingston, N.Y; also survived by two granddaughters. Funeral services at the chapel of Cornell & Daggett Inc., 1327 Main St., Niagara Falls, Thursday, May 14, at 1:30 p.m. The Rev. Alvin H. Butz Jr. officiating. Interment Memorial Park Cemetery.
- Last Edited: 19 Oct 2013
- Charts: Descendants of DEXHEIMER Philipp Peter & Maria Agnesa Wagner / Anna Christina Baltz , Descendants of KÄMERER Laurentius & Catharina Schömbs
Family: Adelaide E. Borth b. 23 April 1874, d. 14 November 1959
- David Christian Gaise+ b. 9 November 1911, d. 13 September 2009