Anna Margaretha Hofmann
b. 12 October 1785, d. 26 July 1861
- Father: Johann Peter Hofmann b. 14 January 1751, d. 24 February 1791
- Mother: Anna Christina Nunius b. 14 March 1751
- Anna Margaretha Hofmann was born on 12 October 1785 in Sankt Johann, Rheinhessen.
- The 14 October 1785 baptism of Anna Margaretha Hofmann was recorded in the Reformed churchbooks of Sprendlingen, Rheinhessen.
- Her name was recorded as Susanna Margaretha in the birth record of daughter Anna Elizabetha.
- She was known as Margaret.
- She married Johann Jacob Dexheimer, son of Philipp Peter Dexheimer and Anna Christina Baltz, on 8 May 1812 in Biebelnheim, Rheinhessen.
- Johann Jacob Dexheimer and Anna Margaretha Hofmann, accompanied by Philippina Dexheimer, Margaretha Dexheimer, Georg Kaffenberger, Philippine Kaffenberger, Maria Kaffenberger and Valentine Kämmerer, departed circa 30 September 1854 from the Port of Le Havre aboard the ship Westmoreland, a voyage of 27 days.
- Johann Jacob Dexheimer and Anna Margaretha Hofmann arrived in the Port of New York on 26 October 1854, accompanied by Philippina Dexheimer, Margaretha Dexheimer, Georg Kaffenberger, Philippine Kaffenberger, Maria Kaffenberger and Valentine Kämmerer.
- Conrad Heldt and Philippina Dexheimer appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Other members of the household included Anna Margaretha Hofmann, Philip J. Heldt, Philippine Louise Heldt and Johann Jacob Dexheimer.
- Anna Margaretha Hofmann died on 26 July 1861 at age 75 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, at 1232 North 5th Street.
- Johann Jacob Dexheimer became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Union Burial Ground of the Northern Liberties & Kensington, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Remains of those buried there are said to have been removed to Northwood Cemetery or possibly Palmer Cemetery.
- Photographs of present-day Sankt Johann and Biebelnheim.
- Last Edited: 3 Nov 2016
Family: Johann Jacob Dexheimer b. 27 October 1783, d. 4 June 1877
- Anna Christina Dexheimer b. 15 May 1813
- Maria Catharina Dexheimer b. 16 November 1814, d. 1 January 1830
- Jacob Dexheimer+ b. 21 August 1817, d. 22 January 1888
- Margaretha Dexheimer+ b. 13 January 1820, d. 6 April 1904
- Anna Elisabetha Dexheimer+ b. 15 September 1821, d. 4 March 1913
- Maria Apollonia Dexheimer b. 20 June 1824
- Anna Magdalena Dexheimer+ b. 21 September 1826, d. 19 December 1910
- Philippina Dexheimer+ b. 12 July 1828, d. 6 December 1904