b. 19 June 1822, d. 11 March 1862
- Father: Johann Gottlieb Walter b. 1 October 1791, d. 28 September 1853
- Mother: Johanna Stump b. 2 January 1793, d. 8 November 1854
- Anna Walter was born on 19 June 1822 in Machtolsheim, Württemberg.
- She was baptized/christened on 21 June 1822 in Machtolsheim, Württemberg.
- She was confirmed in 1836 at Machtolsheim, Württemberg.
- She married Balthasar Weiler, son of Johann Adam Weiler and Ursula Häberle, on 22 July 1845 in Machtolsheim, Württemberg.
- Prior to emigration, five of the six children born to Balthasar and Anna died of consumption, coughs and cramps, and quinsy, and were buried in Machtolsheim.
- Balthasar Weiler and Anna Walter, accompanied by Gottlieb Weiler, departed on 18 May 1853 departing London aboard the United States square-rigged sailing vessel American Eagle (899 tons, carrying 520 passengers, master Richard H. Moore). Passage was originally booked aboard the Prince Albert, to depart London on 5 May, but she apparently was delayed returning to London and did not depart for New York until 24 May. Traveling on the same ship were Balthasar's brother Ludwig Weiler and his wife Catherina.
- Balthasar Weiler and Anna Walter arrived in the Port of New York on 17 June 1853, accompanied by Gottlieb Weiler.
- Balthasar Weiler and Anna Walter appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Niagara, Niagara County, New York, living next to Balthasar's brother Louis, and just a few households from Anna's sisters Lucy Stahle and Barbara "Baumel.". Other members of the household included Gottlieb Weiler, Ursula Weiler, Christian Weiler and Matthias Balthasar Weiler.
- Anna Walter died on 11 March 1862 at age 39 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York.
- Balthasar Weiler became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Oakwood Cemetery, Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York. Also buried at Oakwood in 1862 in the same lot was John Weiler, likely infant son of Anna and Balthasar, indicating that she likely died of complications of childbirth. While no monument marks her grave, a memorial document was prepared commemorating her life and death.
- Photographs of present-day Machtolsheim.
- Last Edited: 29 Nov 2014
- Charts: Descendants of WALTER Gottlieb & Caecilia Kölle, Descendants of WEILER Balthasar & Anna Walter
Family: Balthasar Weiler b. 31 May 1823, d. 5 November 1887
- Ursula Weiler b. 18 September 1843, d. 11 June 1845
- Balthasar Weiler b. 9 December 1844, d. 8 February 1845
- Gottlieb Weiler+ b. 6 March 1846, d. 14 June 1919
- Caecilie Weiler b. 19 September 1847, d. 18 May 1848
- Johann Adam Weiler b. 20 June 1849, d. 19 September 1849
- Johannes Weiler b. 19 January 1851, d. 10 May 1851
- Johannes Weiler b. 20 May 1852, d. 10 September 1852
- Ursula Weiler+ b. 4 July 1855, d. 24 June 1924
- Christian Weiler b. 14 February 1857, d. 15 August 1886
- Matthias Balthasar Weiler b. circa 1858
- John Weiler b. circa 1862, d. 1862