Sidney Leonard Inglet
M, b. circa 27 October 1835, d. 18 September 1906
Sidney Leonard Inglet|b. c 27 Oct 1835\nd. 18 Sep 1906|p8370.htm|Andrew Miller Inglet|b. c 1794|p8374.htm|Mary Smith|b. c 1806|p8375.htm|||||||||||||
- Sidney Leonard Inglet was born circa 27 October 1835 in Richmond County, Georgia, give or take a year or two.
- Andrew Miller Inglet and Mary Smith appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Macon County, Alabama, enumerated next but one from Milo Bolling Abercrombie.. Other members of the household included Sidney Leonard Inglet, Martha Inglet, James Inglet, Mary Ann Inglet, Andrew E. Inglet, Jacob Inglet, Sibbie Ann Inglet, Jincey Inglet and Sarah T. Inglet. Also in the household was physician Robert Williams, age 22.
- He was a laborer, according to the 1850 census.
- On Monday, 20 September 1858, Green Wood recorded: "Sent off six bales of cotton by Sidney Inglett, numbering 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90," and on 5 October, "Sent by S. Inglett 6 Bales of cotton." While Sidney Inglet's biography in the 1981 Montgomery County History associates him with Green Wood, this is the only mention in the daily account books. There is, however a record of Green sending hands to help "Mr. Englet" with a house during June 1851, likely Sidney's father Andrew.
- On Tuesday, 5 October 1858, Green Wood recorded: "Sent by S. Inglett 6 Bales of cotton, by D.W. Sandle 6 Bales, the 12 Bales No. from 153 to 164."
- He married Sarah Frances Caperton, daughter of James B. Caperton and Nancy Cannon Brooks, on 10 September 1872 in Walker County, Texas, according to Walker County marriage records, or 9 September according to the 1981 Montgomery County history book..
- Sidney Leonard Inglet and Sarah Frances Caperton appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Willis, Montgomery County, Texas. Other members of the household included Andrew H. Inglet and Lemuel Dunn Inglet.
- He was a carpenter, according to the 1880 census.
- Sidney Leonard Inglet and Sarah Frances Caperton appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Montgomery County, Texas, and also one male servant, a black day laborer.. Other members of the household included Brooks Inglet, Willie Inglet, Samuel Inglet, Walter Inglet, Mary Ann Inglet and Elizabeth Lee Inglet.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1900 census.
- Sidney Leonard Inglet died on 18 September 1906.
- He was buried at Willis Cemetery in Willis, Montgomery County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 5 Oct 2008
Family: Sarah Frances Caperton b. December 1851, d. 16 February 1930