Lou Ella Wood
F, b. 1 February 1877, d. 25 August 1953
Lou Ella Wood|b. 1 Feb 1877\nd. 25 Aug 1953|p812.htm|Robert Cummings Wood|b. 4 Feb 1851\nd. 7 Jan 1923|p649.htm|Margaret Elizabeth Wynne|b. 21 Sep 1852\nd. 13 Nov 1939|p650.htm|Green M. Wood|b. 7 Sep 1814\nd. 5 Mar 1898|p17.htm|Mary J. LeGrand|b. 23 Jan 1830\nd. 19 Mar 1900|p18.htm|Minor D. Wynne|b. 13 Feb 1821\nd. 17 Sep 1891|p9059.htm|Sarah W. Hopkins|b. 1827\nd. c 1867|p9060.htm|
- Father: Robert Cummings Wood b. 4 February 1851, d. 7 January 1923
- Mother: Margaret Elizabeth Wynne b. 21 September 1852, d. 13 November 1939
- Lou Ella Wood was born on 1 February 1877 in Walker County, Texas.
- Robert Cummings Wood and Margaret Elizabeth Wynne appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Walker County, Texas. Other members of the household included Lou Ella Wood, Fannie Ida Wood, Minor Green Wood and Hugh Wynne Hopkins Wood.
- She married Anthony Drew Kennard, son of Marcus L. Kennard and Martha Helen E. Walker, on 17 December 1894 in Grimes County, Texas.
- Anthony Drew Kennard appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Lou Ella Wood, Lockett Ernest Kennard, Marcus Cummings Kennard and Mark Kennard Hixson.
- Anthony Drew Kennard and Lou Ella Wood appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Anderson & vicinity, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Marcus Cummings Kennard, Carroll Wynne Kennard and Minnie Kennard.
- Anthony Drew Kennard and Lou Ella Wood appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Carroll Wynne Kennard.
- Lou Ella Wood became a widow at the 2 December 1935 death of her husband Anthony Drew Kennard.
- Members of the Wood family gathered for a Sunday afternoon barbeque, about 1940.
- Lou Ella Wood died on 25 August 1953 at age 76 in Navasota, Grimes County, Texas, at Navasota Convalescent Home . Her death was officially witnessed by Minnie Kennard.
- She was buried at Odd Fellows Cemetery in Anderson, Grimes County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 12 Feb 2012
- Charts: Descendants of ABERCROMBIE Charles & Edwina Malinda "Dicey" Booth, Descendants of LeGRAND John & Margaret Chambers, Descendants of WOOD William & Lydia Ballentine
Family: Anthony Drew Kennard b. 21 January 1874, d. 2 December 1935
- Lockett Ernest Kennard+ b. 1 September 1896, d. 13 August 1959
- Marcus Cummings Kennard+ b. 10 December 1897, d. 4 June 1978
- Anthony Drew Kennard Jr. b. circa 1901, d. circa 1906
- Evelyn Kennard b. say 1904
- Minnie Kennard+ b. 14 April 1907, d. 1 July 2001
- Carroll Wynne Kennard+ b. 12 July 1911, d. 1 February 2000