F, b. circa 1908
Gertrude Stringer|b. c 1908|p7131.htm|Ellis Daniel Stringer|b. 27 Oct 1875\nd. 13 Apr 1933|p459.htm|Lida Lee Teague|b. c 1876\nd. bt 1910 - 1919|p438.htm|J. M. Stringer|b. c 1842|p7128.htm|Jane (?)|b. c 1846|p7129.htm|James C. Teague|b. 23 Jul 1823\nd. 2 Feb 1885|p144.htm|Margaret E. Miller|b. Dec 1841\nd. 18 Jun 1904|p436.htm|
- Father: Ellis Daniel Stringer b. 27 October 1875, d. 13 April 1933
- Mother: Lida Lee Teague b. circa 1876, d. between 1910 and 1919
- Gertrude Stringer was born circa 1908 in Texas.
- Ellis Daniel Stringer and Lida Lee Teague appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Teague, Freestone County, Texas. Other members of the household included Gertrude Stringer, Jessie Veronia Stringer.
- Ellis Daniel Stringer appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Teague, Freestone County, Texas. Other members of the household included Gertrude Stringer, Jessie Veronia Stringer.
- She married William B. Tabor on 13 May 1927 in Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas, and they separated before April 1930..
- The following appeared on 14 May 1927 in the Dallas Morning News (Wichita, Kansas, May 13): With more than a ton of relatives present, Mrs. Gertrude Stringer -- weight 635 pounds -- was married here to William B. Tabor -- ringside weight 130 pounds. Mrs. Tabor was the "Fat Lady" of the Morris & Castle shows and claims to be a member of the worlds fattest family. She said the combined weight of her family is about 2,675 pounds. "A wonderful girl," Tabor said of his bride.
- Ellis Daniel Stringer appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Little Rock, Pulaski County, Arkansas, at 311 North Izard Street lodgers in the household of widow Margaret Smith.. Other members of the household included Gertrude Stringer.
- She was a musician with a road show, according to the 1930 census.
- Last Edited: 8 Apr 2011
Family: William B. Tabor