Lela Beatrice McAlpine
F, b. 21 November 1879, d. 15 November 1974
Lela Beatrice McAlpine|b. 21 Nov 1879\nd. 15 Nov 1974|p702.htm|John Anderson McAlpine|b. 11 Nov 1842\nd. 23 Apr 1898|p854.htm|Willie Cabeen Cameron|b. 14 Apr 1857\nd. 2 Oct 1937|p855.htm|||||||John D. Cameron||p2984.htm|Mary J. Cabeen|b. Dec 1820|p2983.htm|
- Father: John Anderson McAlpine b. 11 November 1842, d. 23 April 1898
- Mother: Willie Cabeen Cameron b. 14 April 1857, d. 2 October 1937
- Lela Beatrice McAlpine was born on 21 November 1879 in White Hall, Grimes County, Texas.
- John Anderson McAlpine appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Lela Beatrice McAlpine, Willie Cabeen Cameron, Alexander Duncan McAlpine and Euphemia Maude McAlpine.
- She was educated at Chappell Hill Female College, at Chappell Hill, at Texas.
- She married Green Alexander Wood, son of Solomon William Wood and Martha Clarana Reed, on 28 March 1900 in Grimes County, Texas.
- Green Alexander Wood and Lela Beatrice McAlpine appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Navasota, Grimes County, Texas.
- Lela Beatrice McAlpine became a widow at the 3 August 1909 death of her husband Green Alexander Wood.
- Lela Beatrice McAlpine appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Mary Edith Wood.
- She married Patrick Neil Fahey, son of Martin J. Fahey and Annie Calhoun, on 7 June 1914.
- The following appeared on 29 September 1935 in the San Antonio Express: (Brenhan) Mrs. Pat Fahey of Houston is visiting her son-in-law and daughter, Mr. and Mrs. Neil Amsler.
- Lela Beatrice McAlpine became a widow at the 20 December 1973 death of her husband Patrick Neil Fahey.
- At the time of her death, her usual residence was in Houston, Harris County, Texas, at 2209 Portsmouth.
- Lela Beatrice McAlpine died on 15 November 1974 at age 94 in Houston, Harris County, Texas, at Hermann Park Manor, 5600 Chenevert . Her death was officially witnessed by Mary Edith Wood.
- She was buried at Garden of Gethsemane (Forest Park Lawndale) in Houston, Harris County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 21 November 1974 in the Navasota Examiner: Funeral services for Mrs. Lela McAlpine Wood Fahey, 94, of 2209 Portsmouth, Houston, were held at 10 a.m. Monday, Nov. 18, from St. Anne's Catholic Church, Houston. Mrs. FAhey died Friday, Nov. 15, at a Houston nursing home. She was born Nov. 21, 1879, in White Hall, the daughter of the late Dr. and Mrs. John A. McAlpine, pioneer Texans. Her early education was in private schools and she later graduated from the Old Chappel Hill Female College. Her first marriage was to the late Green A. Wood, who died in 1909. She remarried on June 8, 1914, to Pat N. Fahey, attorney, who preceded her in death Dec. 20, 1973. She was past regent of Samuel Sorrell chapter, D.A.R., past president of the Colonial Dames of America, Chapter VIII, member of the Magna Charter Cames, the Newman Circle, and a member of St. Anne's Catholic Church. Surviving are one daughter, Mrs. Neill F. (Edith Wood) Amsler, Sr. of Houston; three grandchildren, Neill F. Amsler, Jr. and Mrs. George W. Hansen, both of Houston, and Mrs. Melvin X. Hobbs, Jr. of Laguna Niguel, Calif; ten great grandchildren; two great great grandchildren; three sisters, Mrs. Maude McAlpine Siddall of Navasota, Mrs. Sterrett McAlpine Terry of Alexandria, La., and Mrs. Bess McAlpine Braunig of Lafayette, La; plus numerous nieces and nephews. Pallbearers were Neill F. Amsler, Jr., George W. Hansen, Melvin X. Hobbs, Jr., Truman S. Thomas, Jr., Stewart Perry and Phillip M. Pappas. Honorary pallbearers were Neill F. Amsler, III, George W. Hansen, Jr., Mark Amsler, Melvin X. Hobbbs, III, Patrick Wood Hobbs, Col. James F. Kerr, Lanson F. Demming, and Karl Seiling. In lieu of usual remembrances, friends may contribute to the Larry Amsler Memorial Fund, c-o Hermann Hospital, Houston.
- Last Edited: 1 May 2012