Green Alexander Wood
M, b. 31 December 1865, d. 6 December 1888
Green Alexander Wood|b. 31 Dec 1865\nd. 6 Dec 1888|p680.htm|Green Mark Wood|b. 7 Sep 1814\nd. 5 Mar 1898|p17.htm|Mary Jane LeGrand|b. 23 Jan 1830\nd. 19 Mar 1900|p18.htm|Green Wood|b. 31 Jan 1792\nd. 12 Feb 1866|p19.htm|Mary W. Hall|b. 5 Feb 1800\nd. 29 Jun 1820|p20.htm|William C. LeGrand|b. 16 May 1803\nd. 4 May 1841|p227.htm|Jane G. Paul|b. 6 Jan 1811\nd. 8 May 1843|p228.htm|
Green Alexander Wood, 1865-1888
- Father: Green Mark Wood b. 7 September 1814, d. 5 March 1898
- Mother: Mary Jane LeGrand b. 23 January 1830, d. 19 March 1900
- Green Alexander Wood was born on 31 December 1865 in Texas.
- Green Mark Wood and Mary Jane LeGrand appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Huntsville, Walker County, Texas. Other members of the household included Green Alexander Wood, Rush Brevard Wood, Solomon William Wood, Robert Cummings Wood, Martha Frances P. Wood, Milton LeGrand Wood, George Scovell Wood and Campbell Clark Wood.
- Green Mark Wood appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Walker County, Texas. Other members of the household included Green Alexander Wood, Mary Jane LeGrand and Campbell Clark Wood.
- Langston James Goree Jr. appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Navasota, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Green Alexander Wood, Martha Frances P. Wood, Langston James Goree III and Robert Breckenridge Goree.
- He married Cappie Sangster, daughter of John W. Sangster and Margaret E. Hunter, on 19 November 1886 in Grimes County, Texas, Marcus Mallard marriage list.
- Evelina Wood wrote from Willis to her grandson Wood Powell in Christian Conuty, Illinois on 12 April 1887, " . . . Your aunt Mary Jane is going to Montgomery soon & from there to North Carolina to see Mrs. Brevard, the lady by whom she was raised. Dr. Legrand wrote Mary Jane he would foot all of her expenses - a dear good brother. Milton Wood is building a brick house with seven rooms. He is making money & saves it - he has only one child. George Wood & wife will begin keeping house now very soon. Green Aleck will remain with his father & mother. . . ."
Letter in private collection of B. M. Henwood, descendant of Wm Wood Powell; original transcription by R. E. Reichardt.
- Green Alexander Wood became a widower at the 22 September 1887 death of his wife Cappie Sangster.
- Green Alexander Wood died on 6 December 1888 at age 22.
- He was buried at Oakland Cemetery in Navasota, Grimes County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 11 Feb 2012
- Charts: Descendants of ABERCROMBIE Charles & Edwina Malinda "Dicey" Booth, Descendants of LeGRAND John & Margaret Chambers, Descendants of WOOD William & Lydia Ballentine
Family: Cappie Sangster b. circa 1861, d. 22 September 1887