M, b. circa 1803
William Cade|b. c 1803|p6741.htm|James Waddell Cade|b. c 1776|p6751.htm|Margaret McDaniel||p6752.htm|William Cade|b. 24 Aug 1735\nd. b 1787|p6753.htm|Elizabeth Smith|b. s 1750|p6754.htm|||||||
- William Cade was born circa 1803 in Fayetteville, Cumberland County, North Carolina.
- He married America W. LeGrand, daughter of John LeGrand and Margaret Chambers, on 2 May 1827 in Montgomery County, North Carolina.
- The following appeared on 8 May 1827 in the Raleigh Register and North-Carolina Weekly Advertiser: Married, In Montgomery county, on Thursday evening last, Mr. William Cade, Merchant of Fayetteville, to Miss America W. Legrand.
- He married Elizabeth Adair Cade, daughter of Robert Cade and Annie McAllister, circa 1838, (they were second cousins). If this marriage date is correct, then it is an educated guess that America LeGrand Cade died from complications of childbirth with her son Albert, who was born about 1837..
- William Cade and Elizabeth Adair Cade appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Cumberland County, North Carolina. Other members of the household included John LeGrand Cade, Albert Burton Cade, Margaret America Cade, Ann Amelia Cade, Laura English Cade and Mary Cade.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1850 census.
- William Cade appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Fayetteville, Cumberland County, North Carolina. Other members of the household included Margaret America Cade, Ann Amelia Cade, Laura English Cade and Mary Cade.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1860 census.
- Last Edited: 14 Oct 2011
Family 1: America W. LeGrand b. circa 1804, d. circa 1837
Family 2: Elizabeth Adair Cade b. circa 1817, d. 19 November 1853