Cornelia LeGrand Wood
F, b. 22 May 1885, d. 9 April 1965
Cornelia LeGrand Wood|b. 22 May 1885\nd. 9 Apr 1965|p648.htm|Rush Brevard Wood|b. 31 Jan 1847\nd. 1 Dec 1932|p615.htm|Katie Bertha Reed|b. 21 Sep 1857\nd. 9 Jan 1896|p616.htm|Green M. Wood|b. 7 Sep 1814\nd. 5 Mar 1898|p17.htm|Mary J. LeGrand|b. 23 Jan 1830\nd. 19 Mar 1900|p18.htm|Samuel Reed|b. c 1820\nd. c 1858|p14.htm|Martha F. Harrison|b. c 1830\nd. c 1875|p15.htm|
Cornelia LeGrand Wood Garvin, 1885-1965
- Father: Rush Brevard Wood b. 31 January 1847, d. 1 December 1932
- Mother: Katie Bertha Reed b. 21 September 1857, d. 9 January 1896
- According to an account written by Green Mark Wood's granddaughter Cornelia LeGrand Wood Garvin, The first place they lived after reaching Texas was the old Sharp Whitley place. This they rented for two years, Danville Texas being their Post office. Then he bought 1000 acres of land paying $1.00 per acre, then in Walker County but now San Jacinto. Here they lived only one year. Then they moved to or near New Waverly, where they were living when son Rush Brevard enlisted in the Army in March 1864.
- Cornelia LeGrand Wood was born on 22 May 1885 in Texas.
- She was known as Neelie.
- Rush Brevard Wood and Mahalah J. Hamilton appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Cornelia LeGrand Wood, Katie Bertha Wood, Carrie Brevard Wood, Felix Clark Garner and William Henry Garner.
- She married Archie Edward Garvin, son of S. Archibald M. Garvin and Annie E. Loggins, on 26 January 1902 in Grimes County, Texas.
- Archie Edward Garvin and Cornelia LeGrand Wood appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910. Other members of the household included Annie E. Loggins.
- Archie Edward Garvin and Cornelia LeGrand Wood appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Richards, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Annie E. Loggins.
- Archie Edward Garvin and Cornelia LeGrand Wood appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 1930 census in Anderson, Grimes County, Ebbie & Nealy, and his mother Annie (?).
- Members of the Wood family gathered for a Sunday afternoon barbeque, about 1940.
- Cornelia LeGrand Wood died on 9 April 1965 at age 79 in Grimes County, Texas.
- She was buried at Fairview Cemetery in Grimes County, Texas, near Richards.
- Last Edited: 21 Mar 2012
- Charts: Descendants of ABERCROMBIE Charles & Edwina Malinda "Dicey" Booth, Descendants of LeGRAND John & Margaret Chambers, Descendants of WOOD William & Lydia Ballentine
Family: Archie Edward Garvin b. 19 September 1879, d. 3 October 1934