Mattie Malinda Wood
F, b. 6 February 1877, d. 13 February 1913
Mattie Malinda Wood|b. 6 Feb 1877\nd. 13 Feb 1913|p617.htm|Rush Brevard Wood|b. 31 Jan 1847\nd. 1 Dec 1932|p615.htm|Katie Bertha Reed|b. 21 Sep 1857\nd. 9 Jan 1896|p616.htm|Green M. Wood|b. 7 Sep 1814\nd. 5 Mar 1898|p17.htm|Mary J. LeGrand|b. 23 Jan 1830\nd. 19 Mar 1900|p18.htm|Samuel Reed|b. c 1820\nd. c 1858|p14.htm|Martha F. Harrison|b. c 1830\nd. c 1875|p15.htm|
- Father: Rush Brevard Wood b. 31 January 1847, d. 1 December 1932
- Mother: Katie Bertha Reed b. 21 September 1857, d. 9 January 1896
- Mattie Malinda Wood was born on 6 February 1877 in Texas.
- Rush Brevard Wood appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Walker County, Texas, and also farm worker Daniel D King.. Other members of the household included Mattie Malinda Wood, Katie Bertha Reed, Charles Abercrombie Wood and George Mark Wood.
- She married Sterling Niblet Oliver, son of William N. Oliver and Margaret (?), on 9 October 1895 in Grimes County, Texas.
- Sterling Niblet Oliver appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Mattie Malinda Wood, Sterling Brevard Oliver, William Mathis Oliver and George Mark Wood.
- Sterling Niblet Oliver and Mattie Malinda Wood appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in San Jacinto County, Texas. Other members of the household included Sterling Brevard Oliver, William Mathis Oliver, George Wood Oliver and Reed Frank Oliver. Also in the household was hired man Willy Leon (age 18), working on the home farm.
- Mattie Malinda Wood died on 13 February 1913 at age 36 in Harris County, Texas.
- Her husband Sterling Niblet Oliver became a widower at her death.
- She was buried at Hollywood Cemetery in Houston, Harris County, Texas, CLW Garvin account appended to Campbell's memoir.
- Last Edited: 26 Apr 2013
- Charts: Descendants of ABERCROMBIE Charles & Edwina Malinda "Dicey" Booth, Descendants of LeGRAND John & Margaret Chambers, Descendants of WOOD William & Lydia Ballentine
Family: Sterling Niblet Oliver b. 3 January 1875, d. 19 April 1938
- Sterling Brevard Oliver+ b. 1 May 1897, d. 31 December 1968
- William Mathis Oliver+ b. 28 May 1899, d. 28 November 1977
- George Wood Oliver+ b. 3 August 1902, d. 31 July 1997
- Reed Frank Oliver b. 7 April 1905, d. 14 November 1976
- Joe Baily Oliver b. 26 January 1908, d. 9 December 1909
- Rufus Daniel Oliver b. circa 8 May 1910, d. 2 May 1935
- Nellie Goree Oliver+ b. 13 April 1912, d. 25 March 2001