Francis Marion Moore
M, b. 1825, d. 1866
Francis Marion Moore|b. 1825\nd. 1866|p3952.htm|Thomas Moore Jr.|b. 1795\nd. 1865|p3955.htm|Harriet Cheatwood|b. 1800\nd. 1875|p3956.htm|||||||||||||
- Francis Marion Moore was born in 1825 in Chester County, South Carolina.
- Francis Marion Moore appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Randolph County, Alabama, next door to his parents, and not far from the Hughey family.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1850 census.
- He married Mary Ann Hughey, daughter of Seaborn Hughey and Lucy Patrick, circa 1852.
- Francis Marion Moore and Mary Ann Hughey appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Rockdale, Randolph County, Alabama. Other members of the household included James Thomas Moore and Martha A. Moore.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1860 census.
- He served with the 7th Alabama Cavalry Regiment, Company H, having enlisted in Randolph County, Alabama, as a private on 9 October 1863 for the period of the war.
- Francis Marion Moore died in 1866 in Randolph County, Alabama.
- His wife Mary Ann Hughey became a widow at his death.
- He was buried at Liberty Church of Christ Cemetery in Randolph County, Alabama.
- Last Edited: 1 Feb 2009