James A. Anderson
M, b. 17 November 1818, d. 1 June 1857
James A. Anderson|b. 17 Nov 1818\nd. 1 Jun 1857|p349.htm|Thomas J. Anderson|b. 20 Feb 1772\nd. 24 Dec 1827|p9095.htm|Jane Harriet Kennedy|b. 15 Jun 1778\nd. 22 Apr 1859|p9096.htm|||||||||||||
- Father: Thomas J. Anderson b. 20 February 1772, d. 24 December 1827
- Mother: Jane Harriet Kennedy b. 15 June 1778, d. 22 April 1859
- James A. Anderson was born on 17 November 1818 in South Carolina.
- He married Virginia Elizabeth McCullers Speight, daughter of John Speight and Matilda M. Wood, on 24 January 1842 in Dallas County, Alabama.
- Interesting that James A. Anderson's sister Jane Sophronia's husband was the brother if Minor Darius Wynne, whose daughter Margaret Elizabeth married Robert Cummings Wood, a grandson of Ashley Wood's half-brother Green Wood.
- James A. Anderson and Virginia Elizabeth McCullers Speight appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Greene County, Alabama, Also in the household was William Anderson, age 50, born South Carolina.. Other members of the household included Ashley Wood Spaight Anderson.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1850 census.
- James A. Anderson died on 1 June 1857 at age 38 in Greene County, Alabama.
- His wife Virginia Elizabeth McCullers Speight became a widow at his death.
- He was buried at Mount Zion Cemetery in Akron, Hale County, Alabama.
- Last Edited: 8 May 2013