Frances Lucretia Mitchell
F, b. 22 January 1821, d. 5 February 1892
Frances Lucretia Mitchell|b. 22 Jan 1821\nd. 5 Feb 1892|p3401.htm|John Mitchell|b. s 1776\nd. 1841|p383.htm|Elizabeth Green Wood|b. 16 Jan 1788\nd. bt 1852 - 1860|p382.htm|John Mitchell|b. 25 Aug 1748\nd. 3 Jan 1804|p2458.htm|Sarah Thweatt|b. s 1750|p2459.htm|Solomon Wood|b. 6 Apr 1756\nd. 17 Aug 1815|p38.htm|Elizabeth Eason|b. 28 Dec 1752\nd. 21 Mar 1826|p39.htm|
- Father: John Mitchell b. say 1776, d. 1841
- Mother: Elizabeth Green Wood b. 16 January 1788, d. between 1852 and 1860
- Frances Lucretia Mitchell was born on 22 January 1821 in Jones County, Georgia.
- She was known as Fannie.
- She married Alexander McDougald, son of Duncan McDougald and Unknown (?), on 25 December 1838 in Muscogee County, Georgia.
- John Mitchell qualified as executor of his son-in-law William Moughon and became guardian of minor Sarah Moughon, child of his daughter Ellen, until his death in 1841, at which time Alexander McDougald (husband of John Mitchell's daughter Frances) qualified as John Mitchell's executor and became guardian of Sarah Moughon.
- Alexander McDougald and Frances Lucretia Mitchell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Columbus, Muscogee County, Georgia, enumerated next to Ann Eliza Alexander McDougald, widow of Alexander's brother Daniel.. Other members of the household included Sarah E. McDougald, Frances Eason McDougald, Helen McDougald and Sarah Ellen W. Moughon.
- Frances Lucretia Mitchell became a widow at the 10 July 1856 death of her husband Alexander McDougald.
- Frances Lucretia Mitchell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Columbus, Muscogee County, Georgia. Other members of the household included Sarah E. McDougald, Frances Eason McDougald, Helen McDougald, Effie McDougald and Alique McDougald.
- Sarah Juliet Evelina Mitchell Cook wrote on 12 June 1864, in a letter to her son Conrad Evelyn Cook, "I wrote to Fannie & Dr. Billing last week . . . . Remember me to Mrs. Chapman, Uncle & Aunt Billings, Fannie & family."
- The following appeared on 7 May 1870 in the Columbus Daily Enquirer: Administratrix's Sale (Muscogee County) By virtue of an order from the Honorable the Court of Ordinary of said county, will be sold within the usual hours of public sale, on the first Tuesday in June next, before the auction room of C. S. Harrison & Co., in the city of Columbus, the House and Lot on the west side of Troup street, above Bridge street, in the old Jail Square, belonging to the estate of Alexander McDougald, dec'd. Mrs. Frances L. McDougald, Administratrix.
- Frances Lucretia Mitchell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Columbus, Muscogee County, Georgia. Other members of the household included Sarah E. McDougald, Thomas Eliel Blanchard, Helen McDougald, Effie McDougald and William Blanchard. Also in the household were a few domestic servants.
- Frances Lucretia Mitchell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Columbus, Muscogee County, Georgia. Other members of the household included Alique McDougald, Thomas Eliel Blanchard, Sarah E. McDougald, Amory Dexter, Helen McDougald, Charles Amory Dexter and McDougald Dexter. Also in the household were a cook and two other servants.
- Frances Lucretia Mitchell died on 5 February 1892 at age 71 in Columbus, Muscogee County, Georgia.
- She was buried at Linwood Cemetery in Columbus, Muscogee County, Georgia.
- Last Edited: 31 May 2011
Family: Alexander McDougald b. 3 June 1809, d. 10 July 1856
- Helen Duncan McDougald b. 3 April 1842, d. 23 May 1843
- Sarah E. McDougald b. 23 April 1844, d. 23 February 1923
- Frances Eason McDougald+ b. 22 March 1846, d. 24 October 1907
- Helen McDougald+ b. June 1847, d. 6 July 1908
- Effie McDougald+ b. 21 December 1850, d. 18 July 1933
- Alique McDougald b. circa 1855, d. 3 February 1931