M, b. 20 March 1797, d. 9 January 1873
Allen Wood|b. 20 Mar 1797\nd. 9 Jan 1873|p2991.htm|Joshua Wood|b. 8 Oct 1765\nd. b 27 May 1844|p392.htm|Sarah Ridley|b. s 1771\nd. b 7 Aug 1820|p2987.htm|William Wood|b. c 1726|p40.htm|Lydia Ballentine|b. s 1722|p41.htm|||||||
- Father: Joshua Wood b. 8 October 1765, d. before 27 May 1844
- Mother: Sarah Ridley b. say 1771, d. before 7 August 1820
- Allen Wood was born on 20 March 1797 in South Carolina or Georgia.
- He accompanied Joshua Wood to Cahawba County, Alabama Territory, in 1818.
- He married Delilah Clower, daughter of Jonathan Clower and Mary Shuler, on 6 February 1829 in Bibb County, Alabama.
- He and Delilah Clower relocated to Fayetteville, Talladega County, Alabama, in circa 1834 with Henry Black Wood, Eason Blue Wood and Susannah Eugenia Wood and the Marble Valley area in Coosa County, just below the Talladega line.
- Allen Wood and Delilah Clower appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Hatchet Creek, Coosa County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Henry Black Wood, Eason Blue Wood, Mary Willis Wood, Peity Dodd Wood, Elisha Beecher Steadman Wood, Missouri Ann Pearson Wood and William Forrest Wood.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1850 census.
- Allen Wood and Delilah Clower appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Mt. Olive, Coosa County, Alabama. Other members of the household included William Forrest Wood.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1860 census.
- Allen Wood and Delilah Clower appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Marble Valley Beat, Coosa County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Sarah Jane Jackson and William Henry Wood.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1870 census.
- Allen Wood died on 9 January 1873 at age 75.
- His wife Delilah Clower became a widow at his death.
- He was buried at Blue Springs Methodist Church Cemetery in Coosa County, Alabama.
- Last Edited: 30 Jun 2011
Family: Delilah Clower b. 26 April 1805, d. circa 1877
- Henry Black Wood+ b. 1829, d. 4 December 1863
- Eason Blue Wood b. circa 1831
- Susannah Eugenia Wood b. circa 1831
- Sarah Elizabeth Wood b. circa 1832
- Solomon Wood b. circa 1833
- Mary Willis Wood b. circa 1835, d. 10 April 1872
- Peity Dodd Wood b. circa 1837
- Elisha Beecher Steadman Wood b. 20 December 1838, d. 17 July 1904
- Missouri Ann Pearson Wood+ b. April 1841, d. 1920
- William Forrest Wood b. circa 1847