Edwin Sue Goree
F, b. 14 May 1884, d. 9 June 1961
Edwin Sue Goree|b. 14 May 1884\nd. 9 Jun 1961|p2519.htm|Robert Daniel Goree|b. 15 Dec 1838\nd. 23 Jun 1923|p2517.htm|Frances Rebecca Campbell|b. 2 Feb 1846\nd. 31 Mar 1912|p2505.htm|Langston J. Goree|b. 19 Sep 1793\nd. 5 Jul 1853|p2689.htm|Sarah W. Kittrell|b. 26 Apr 1807\nd. 17 Jun 1903|p2690.htm|John W. Campbell|b. 20 Mar 1794\nd. 23 Jan 1850|p2499.htm|Ann W. Clark|b. 15 Dec 1801\nd. 8 Sep 1885|p719.htm|
- Father: Robert Daniel Goree b. 15 December 1838, d. 23 June 1923
- Mother: Frances Rebecca Campbell b. 2 February 1846, d. 31 March 1912
- Edwin Sue Goree was born on 14 May 1884 in Thorp Springs, Hood County, Texas.
- She was known as Eddie Sue.
- Robert Daniel Goree and Frances Rebecca Campbell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Baylor County, Texas. Other members of the household included Edwin Sue Goree, Ann Clark Goree and Frances Langston Goree.
- She attended the University of Texas from 1901 to1903 and began her career as a librarian there in 1908.
- Robert Daniel Goree and Frances Rebecca Campbell appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Knox County, Texas, near the Thomasson family.. Other members of the household included Edwin Sue Goree, Ann Clark Goree, Frances Langston Goree and John Wesley Campbell. Ann, Eddie Sue and Fannie also were enumerated in Austin.
- She was a librarian, according to the 1910 census in Knox County.
- Ann Clark Goree appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Austin, Travis County, Texas, at 2603 University Avenue. Other members of the household included Edwin Sue Goree, Frances Langston Goree. They also were enumerated with their parents in Knox County.
- She was a university librarian, according to the 1910 census in Austin.
- In 1960 she received the first Texas Library Association distinguished Service Award.
- Edwin Sue Goree died on 9 June 1961 at age 77 in Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas, at Medical Center Convalescent although online biographies all seem to have the date 11 June.
- She was buried at Restland Cemetery in Dallas, Texas.
- For additional biographical information, see The Texas Handbook Online.
- Last Edited: 29 Apr 2012