Robert A. Johnstone
M, b. 19 September 1827, d. 1876
Robert A. Johnstone|b. 19 Sep 1827\nd. 1876|p247.htm|(?) Johnstone||p12683.htm|Unknown (?)||p12684.htm|||||||||||||
Robert A Johnstone, 1827-1876
- Robert A. Johnstone was born on 19 September 1827 in Indiana County, Pennsylvania.
- Robert A. Johnstone appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Green Township, Indiana County, Pennsylvania, living in the household of Samuel H Johnston, with apparent siblings Samuel, Mary and Elizabeth, and also Mary Huston, age 63, probably mother of Samuel's wife Sabina.
- He was a surgeon dentist, according to the 1850 census.
- He graduated in 1851 from the University of Virginia, and in 1852 from the College of Baltimore in dental surgery.
- He married Cornelia Anne Elizabeth LeGrand, daughter of William Chambers LeGrand and Jane Green Paul, on 16 July 1857 in Macon County, Alabama, with James L. Cotton, MG, officiating..
- Robert A. Johnstone and Cornelia Anne Elizabeth LeGrand appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Selma, Dallas County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Hampden Johnstone.
- He was a dentist, according to the 1860 census.
- Robert A. Johnstone and Cornelia Anne Elizabeth LeGrand appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Huntsville, Madison County, Alabama, and cook Eliza Kop, age 21, and nurse Mary Kop, age 14.. Other members of the household included Hampden Johnstone, Helen Parker Johnstone and Robert LeGrand Johnstone.
- Robert A. Johnstone died in 1876.
- His wife Cornelia Anne Elizabeth LeGrand became a widow at his death.
- Last Edited: 5 Aug 2009