Tecumseh L. Fairris
M, b. 24 November 1839, d. 21 November 1919
Tecumseh L. Fairris|b. 24 Nov 1839\nd. 21 Nov 1919|p23171.htm|Mordecai D. Farris|b. 22 Aug 1810\nd. c 1851|p23166.htm|Jane J. Rembert|b. 8 Sep 1805\nd. 11 Jul 1881|p4979.htm||||Sarah (?)|b. c 1774|p23181.htm|Abijah Rembert II|b. s 1775\nd. c 1835|p4400.htm|Sarah Gayle|b. 18 Dec 1774\nd. 2 May 1848|p4399.htm|
- Father: Mordecai D. Farris b. 22 August 1810, d. circa 1851
- Mother: Jane J. Rembert b. 8 September 1805, d. 11 July 1881
- Tecumseh L. Fairris was born on 24 November 1839 in Lowndesboro, Lowndes County, Alabama.
- Mordecai D. Farris and Jane J. Rembert appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Lowndes District, Lowndes County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Tecumseh L. Fairris, Sylvester L. Farris, George A. Farris, Elizabeth Geiger and Sarah (?).
- Jane J. Rembert appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Hayneville PO, Lowndes County, Alabama, living in the household of Tristram B. McCall, his wife Laura Williamson McCall, and their infant son Daniel.. Other members of the household included Tecumseh L. Fairris, Sylvester L. Farris, George A. Farris, Elizabeth Geiger and Mary J. Beard. Enumerated in the next household, living alone, is Jane's mother-in-law Sarah Farris.
- He served enlisted in April 1861 as a 2nd sergeant, and resigned as a 2nd lieutenant in April 1863, disabled for service, Company H, 3rd Alabama Infantry Regiment, CSA.
- He married Catherine Augusta Reese on 14 February 1863 in Lowndes County, Alabama.
- Tecumseh L. Fairris and Catherine Augusta Reese appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Cherokee County, Texas. Other members of the household included George S. Fairris, Ida Hitchens, Eleanor Fairris and Elizabeth Geiger. Census enumerator for the area was George S. Fairris.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1900 census.
- Tecumseh L. Fairris became a widower at the 31 October 1902 death of his wife Catherine Augusta Reese.
- He married Lois Hebering circa 1908.
- Tecumseh L. Fairris and Lois Hebering appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Lubbock, Texas. Other members of the household included Elizabeth Geiger. Also in the household was Lois' unmarried sister Alice Hebering, age 30.
- He was overseer of his own farm, according to the 1910 census.
- Tecumseh L. Fairris died on 21 November 1919 at age 79 in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas, at 2015 River Avenue.
- His wife Lois Hebering became a widow at his death.
- He was buried at City of Lubbock Cemetery in Lubbock, Texas.
- Last Edited: 14 Apr 2012
Family 1: Catherine Augusta Reese b. 10 August 1838, d. 31 October 1902
- George S. Fairris+ b. 15 January 1866, d. 15 July 1939
- Charles Edwin Fairris b. 6 December 1870, d. 12 June 1940
- Infant Son Fairris b. 28 October 1876, d. 30 November 1876
Family 2: Lois Hebering b. circa 1866, d. 2 February 1927