Frances Elizabeth Ledbetter
F, b. 7 March 1924, d. 8 March 1989
- Frances Elizabeth Ledbetter was born on 7 March 1924.
- The following appeared on 11 August 1946 in The Dallas Morning News: Mr. and Mrs. Robert C. Ledbetter, Pittsburgh, Pa., have announced the engagement of their daughter, Miss Betty Ledbetter, above, to William Wood Langham Jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. William Wood Langham, 5455 Willis. The wedding will take place in September. Miss Ledbetter is a graduate of Hockaday Junior College and Northwestern University, where she was a member of Zeta Tau Alpha sorority. Mr. Langham attended SMU and has recently returned from China after three years in the service. Miss Ledbetter and her mother are visiting in the home of her grandparents, Mr. and William H. Benners, 336 North Lancaster.
- She married William Wood Langham Jr., son of William Wood Langham and Anne Marie Unternehrer, on 5 September 1946 in Dallas, Texas.
- The following appeared on 8 September 1946 in The Dallas Morning News: With the Very Rev. Gerald G. Moore officiating, the St. Matthew's Cathedral was the scene of the wedding of Miss Frances Elizabeth Lebetter and William Wood Langham Jr. Thursday evening. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Carroll Ledbetter, Pittsburgh, Pa., and the bridegroom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. William Wood Langham, 5455 Willis.
The bride was given in marriage by her father. She chose a gown of . . . .
Miss Katherine Regester, Corsicana, attended her cousin as maid of honor and Miss Mary Jane Langham, sister of the bridegroom, was bridesmaid. The bridegroom was attended by Wallace Richardson of Bridgport as best man, and ushers were Bill Regester Jr. of Corsicana, Jerry Lacy, Mike Leavell and Bill Benners Jr. The wedding music was presented by Henry Sanderson, organist, and Mrs. George Dirmeyer, vocalist.
Following the ceremony, a reception was held in the home of the bride's grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. William H. Benners, 336 North Lancaster. Mrs. Mike Leavell cut the wedding cake and Miss Ann Meriwether had charge of the bride's book.
After a short wedding trip to South Texas, Mr. and Mrs. Langham will be at home in Dallas.
- Her husband William Wood Langham Jr. became a widower at her death.
- Frances Elizabeth Ledbetter died on 8 March 1989 at age 65.
- She was buried at Rice Cemetery in Rice, Navarro County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 4 Mar 2012
Family: William Wood Langham Jr. b. 22 November 1923, d. 3 November 1998