Oscar F. Ashburn
M, b. 17 April 1856, d. 11 December 1924
- Oscar F. Ashburn was born on 17 April 1856 in Lima, Allen County, Ohio.
- He married Annie Eliza Fenter, daughter of (?) Fenter and Unknown (?), and they had at least three children, not yet recorded..
- Oscar F. Ashburn became a widower at the 1 October 1896 death of his wife Annie Eliza Fenter.
- He married Minnie Jane Fenter, daughter of (?) Fenter and Unknown (?), on 5 July 1900 in Cochise County, Arizona Territory. Oscar earlier was married to Minnie's sister Ana Eliza, who died in 1896..
- The following appeared on 28 July 1903 in The Tucson Citizen: H. K. Street of the "Stone House" ranch near Benson was at Tombstone Friday and drew a gun on Oscar Ashburn. Ex-Sheriff Scott White interfered and stopped further trouble. Street had a suit in court against Ashburn to recover commissions on a land deal. The parties are known in Tucson.
- Oscar F. Ashburn and Minnie Jane Fenter appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Santa Cruz County, Arizona Territory. Other members of the household included Glen Emmet Perry, Guy Perry and Miles Herbert Perry. Also in the household were Oscar and Minnie's children Hulda, Zelda, Marshall and Rose, not yet recorded.
- He was employed as a farm manager, according to the 1910 census.
- His wife Minnie Jane Fenter became a widow at his death.
- Oscar F. Ashburn died on 11 December 1924 at age 68.
- He was buried at Evergreen Memorial Park in Tucson, Pima County, Arizona.
- Last Edited: 11 Oct 2011