Margie Burnelda Martin
F, b. 28 March 1920, d. 12 June 2007
Margie Burnelda Martin|b. 28 Mar 1920\nd. 12 Jun 2007|p19329.htm|Hiram Fredrick Martin|b. 7 May 1892\nd. 18 Jan 1950|p19328.htm|Esther Mae Greenhill|b. 16 Dec 1896\nd. 24 Mar 1975|p19325.htm|Albert F. Martin|b. 23 Sep 1853\nd. 21 Dec 1920|p19332.htm|Sarah C. Gilliam|b. 12 May 1859\nd. 29 Apr 1929|p19333.htm|Clarence S. Greenhill|b. 23 Dec 1874\nd. 28 Aug 1946|p19326.htm|El S. Johnson|b. 23 Jun 1874\nd. 12 Sep 1929|p19327.htm|
Margie Burnelda Martin Brewer, 1920-2007
- Father: Hiram Fredrick Martin b. 7 May 1892, d. 18 January 1950
- Mother: Esther Mae Greenhill b. 16 December 1896, d. 24 March 1975
- Margie Burnelda Martin was born on 28 March 1920 in Hillsboro, Hill County, Texas.
- Hiram Fredrick Martin and Esther Mae Greenhill appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Hillsboro, Hill County, Texas, at 131 South Covington Street. Other members of the household included Margie Burnelda Martin, Bernice Wilford Martin. And there were two female boarders in the household.
- She married Max Ray Brewer on 8 January 1949 in Hillsboro, Hill County, Texas.
- She officially witnessed the death of Esther Mae Greenhill on 24 March 1975 at Hillsboro Hospital in Hillsboro, Hill County, Texas.
- Margie Burnelda Martin became a widow at the 29 January 2002 death of her husband Max Ray Brewer.
- Margie Burnelda Martin died on 12 June 2007 at age 87 in Waco, McLennan County, Texas.
- She was buried at Waco Memorial Park in Waco, McLennan County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 14 June 2007 in the Waco Tribune-Herald: Margie Martin Brewer, 87, of Waco passed away on Tuesday June 12, 2007, at a local hospital. Services will be 10 a.m. Friday at OakCrest Funeral Home, 4520 Bosque Blvd., with Deacon Jeffery Heiple officiating. A reception will follow at Margie's home. Burial will be private at Waco Memorial Park. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday at OakCrest Funeral Home.
Margie was born March 28, 1920, in Hillsboro to Mr. and Mrs. Martin. She married the love of her life, Max Brewer Sr., on Jan. 8, 1949, in Waco. Margie had worked for Southwestern Bell Telephone Company and later co-owned Brewers Furniture with her husband.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Max, on Jan. 29, 2002, and her parents.
Margie is survived by her son, Max Brewer Jr. and wife, Sisi of Waco; granddaughters, Hallie and Victoria Brewer of Waco; sister, Opal Wood of Navasota; and nieces, nephews, cousins and friends.
Pallbearers will be her nephews.
Memorials may be made to Reicher High School or the Charity of your choice.
- Last Edited: 10 Jan 2011
Family: Max Ray Brewer b. 5 October 1921, d. 29 January 2002