William L. Booth
M, b. March 1865
- William L. Booth was born in March 1865 in Georgia.
- He married Viola Beatrice Moore, daughter of John A. Moore and Louisa E. Seymour, circa 1884.
- William L. Booth and Viola Beatrice Moore appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Phenix City, Lee County, Alabama, at 419 Broad Street. Other members of the household included Irby Deryl Booth and Beatrice Booth. Enumerated in the next household, of widow Carrie E Watson (age 74), are three Moore grandchildren: Vivian (age 13), Derwood (age 12) and Hazel )age 5).
- He was a grocer, according to the 1900 census.
- The following appeared on 13 June 1908 in The Columbus Enquirer-Sun: The funeral of little Willie Keith Booth, the little son of Mr. and Mrs. W. L. Booth, took place at 3 o'clock yesterday afternoon from the residence of Mrs. Alice Barr, conducted by the Rev. Lamar Jones, and interment was in the Pine Grove cemetery. The pallbearers were four little girls as follows: Mabel Hollis, Maggie Smith, Madalene Smith and Mabel Clair Brooker.
- Last Edited: 25 Sep 2010