Thomas Whitaker Brodnax
M, b. circa 16 July 1818, d. 16 July 1874
Thomas Whitaker Brodnax|b. c 16 Jul 1818\nd. 16 Jul 1874|p1648.htm|Robert Brodnax|b. 13 Mar 1792\nd. 27 Jul 1877|p1747.htm|Olive Taylor Whitaker|b. c 1795\nd. c May 1844|p1748.htm|John Brodnax|b. c 1749\nd. 28 Feb 1829|p3538.htm|Martha Rivers|b. c 1760\nd. c 1827|p3539.htm|Thomas Whitaker|d. 25 Feb 1818|p3513.htm|Mary (?)|b. c 1765\nd. a 1818|p3519.htm|
- Father: Robert Brodnax b. 13 March 1792, d. 27 July 1877
- Mother: Olive Taylor Whitaker b. circa 1795, d. circa May 1844
- Thomas Whitaker Brodnax was born circa 16 July 1818 in Putnam County, Georgia.
- Thomas Whitaker Brodnax and Sarah A. Vanorden appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1840 in Perry County, Alabama. Other (counted but unnamed) members of the household apparently included Ann Eliza Brodnax.
- Thomas Whitaker Brodnax became a widower at the 23 September 1844 death of his wife Sarah A. Vanorden.
- He married Caroline Elizabeth Bonneau on 23 April 1846 in Lowndes County, Alabama.
- Thomas Whitaker Brodnax and Caroline Elizabeth Bonneau appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in DeSoto Parish, Louisiana. Other members of the household included Ann Eliza Brodnax, Olive Anna Brodnax and Mary L. Brodnax. Daughter Ann Eliza also was enumeratied living with her grandmother Marcia Pegues Vanorden in Perry County, Alabama. Thomas Whitacre Brodnax was the enumerator for this part of DeSoto Parish. It is noteworthy that the families of three of Marcia Pegues Vanorden brothers and the son of another brother were living in DeSoto Parish at the time of the 1850 census.
- He was a planter, according to the 1850 census, and was also the enumerator for his area.
- Thomas Whitaker Brodnax and Caroline Elizabeth Bonneau appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Mansfield, DeSoto Parish, Louisiana. Other members of the household included Olive Anna Brodnax, John R. Brodnax, Thomas Whitaker Brodnax Jr., William Bonneau Brodnax and Susan M. Brodnax.
- He was a planter, according to the 1860 census.
- Thomas Whitaker Brodnax and Caroline Elizabeth Bonneau appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Mansfield, DeSoto Parish, Louisiana. Other members of the household included John R. Brodnax, Thomas Whitaker Brodnax Jr., William Bonneau Brodnax, Esther Elizabeth Brodnax and Hugh Brodnax.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1870 census.
- Thomas Whitaker Brodnax died on 16 July 1874 in Hemphill County, Texas, in an accident at his saw mill, on his birthday.
- His wife Caroline Elizabeth Bonneau became a widow at his death.
- Last Edited: 21 Feb 2013
Family 1: Sarah A. Vanorden b. between 1822 and 1825, d. 23 September 1844
- Ann Eliza Brodnax+ b. circa 1840, d. circa 1883
Family 2: Caroline Elizabeth Bonneau b. 28 August 1824, d. 12 January 1912
- Olive Anna Brodnax+ b. circa 1846, d. 15 June 1929
- Mary L. Brodnax b. circa 1848
- John R. Brodnax b. circa 1852
- Thomas Whitaker Brodnax Jr. b. 30 August 1852, d. 28 August 1935
- William Bonneau Brodnax+ b. circa 1854, d. April 1883
- Susan M. Brodnax b. circa 1857
- Esther Elizabeth Brodnax+ b. January 1861, d. 31 July 1948
- Hugh Brodnax b. circa 1864
- Paul Brodnax+ b. October 1871