Mary M. Batts
F, b. circa 1846
Mary M. Batts|b. c 1846|p15928.htm|John Batts|b. 11 Sep 1814\nd. 19 May 1878|p15918.htm|Mary Livingston|b. 23 Apr 1815\nd. 6 Nov 1898|p15919.htm|||||||||||||
- Father: John Batts b. 11 September 1814, d. 19 May 1878
- Mother: Mary Livingston b. 23 April 1815, d. 6 November 1898
- Mary M. Batts was born circa 1846 in Georgia.
- John Batts and Mary Livingston appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Lee County, Georgia. Other members of the household included Mary M. Batts, Eliza J. Batts, William Batts, Amanda Batts, Nancy Batts, Joseph L. Batts and Joel Walker Batts. At the time of the 1850 census, John Batts owned 12 slaves, 4 of whom were age ten and under.
- John Batts and Mary Livingston appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Lee County, Georgia, enumerated next to their daughter Amanda Ladd.. Other members of the household included Mary M. Batts, William Batts, Joseph L. Batts, Joel Walker Batts, Marguretta D. Batts, Gertrude Orisco Batts, John G. Batts, Mitlina B. Batts and Tallulah O. A. Batts. Also in the household was John E. Heisler (age 7). At the time of the 1860 census, John Batts owned 35 slaves, 14 of whom were under the age of ten, living in six slave houses.
- Last Edited: 21 May 2012