Eliza Clopton Colgin
F, b. 30 September 1813, d. 8 December 1868
- Eliza Clopton Colgin was born on 30 September 1813 in Virginia.
- She married John Rugeley, son of Henry Rugeley and Elizabeth Cook, on 12 February 1833.
- John Rugeley and Eliza Clopton Colgin appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Matagorda County, Texas. Other members of the household included Parthenia Irvin Rugeley, John William Rugeley, Sarah A. Rugeley, Dr. Henry Lowndes Rugeley, Robert H. Rugeley, Eliza Rugeley, James A. Rugeley and Frank Rugeley. Also in the household were two overseers and two brick masons.
- John Rugeley and Eliza Clopton Colgin appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Hardeman PO, Matagorda County, Texas. Other members of the household included Dr. Henry Lowndes Rugeley, Robert H. Rugeley, Eliza Rugeley, James A. Rugeley, Frank Rugeley, Edgar Rugeley, Erwin Rugeley and Carrie Rugeley.
- Her husband John Rugeley became a widower at her death.
- Eliza Clopton Colgin died on 8 December 1868 at age 55.
- Last Edited: 9 Oct 2012
Family: John Rugeley b. 12 January 1792, d. June 1878
- John William Rugeley+ b. 1 December 1833, d. 22 April 1862
- Sarah A. Rugeley b. circa 1836
- Dr. Henry Lowndes Rugeley+ b. 12 January 1838, d. 6 May 1925
- Robert H. Rugeley b. circa 1840
- Eliza Rugeley b. circa 1844
- James A. Rugeley b. circa 1846
- Frank Rugeley+ b. circa 1848, d. 25 May 1920
- Edgar Rugeley b. circa 1851
- Erwin Rugeley b. circa 1854
- Carrie Rugeley b. circa 1858